Chapter Two

It was now half past nine at night and police officers swarmed Tabitha's room, collection evidence, taking samples of the nail polish on Tabitha's cabinet and looking for signs of forced entry, so far the police had found none, leaving everyone baffled by how whoever wrote this message on the cabinet. The girls had all decided that they would hide the bracelet, and had wiped off the sticky marks the sticky tape had made. If Skylar's bracelet was a clue than the police wouldn't understand it but the three girls bought that bracelet, they understood what every charm on the tiny silver bracelet meant. The evidence meant more to them than it did to the police officers. I mean they had technically paid for it so it wasn't like it was stealing.

The police officers finished up and soon the girls were all alone again. They sat on Tabitha's bed in silence, they all felt sick to their stomaches with fear as they stared at the bracelet that had previously been sticky taped to Tabitha's closet.

"Do you think whoever put it here has Skylar?" Dakota asked as she bit down on her thumb nail nervously.

"Who else would do this, if they're sick enough to scare to breaking in to my house and leaving this here than they're sick enough to take Skylar, plus they had her nail polish." Tabitha sighed. 

"You guys, do you think they killed her?" Charity pondered.

"Why would they leave they say 'the bracelet will guide you' if she wasn't alive, it obviously means whatever we find with the bracelet than that will lead us to her whereabouts," Tabitha pointed out.

"It could lead us to her dead body," Charity implied. This revelation made the other girls hearts begin to race with fear, if they weren't already beating at maximum pace, that is.

 "Are your parents coming home at all tonight?" Dakota queried to Tabitha.

"No they're staying at Jesse's house," Tabitha replied. Jesse was Tabitha's older brother who lived in New York City, Tabitha's parents liked to visit them often because they had an apartment in the big city and it was easier to stay their for bussiness reasons. Also because Jesse's wife Ingrid had just given birth to a beautiful girl, Isabel and Tabitha's mother absolutely adored her.

 "Do you mind if we call the boys than, I don't want to be here alone?" Dakota asked.

Dakota played with her fingers nervously and pure terror showed on her face, out of all three of the girls Dakota was the one who was the most afraid. She had been stalked before, in ninth grade a girl named Amy Mace  had been absolutely infatuated with her. She followed her everywhere she went until one day she drew a knife on Dakota and threatened to murder her if she didn't start to acknowledge her presence. But the girl was clumsy and obviously brain damaged because she did it in the middle of the mall, where two police officers had just stopped to grab some burgers and fries for lunch, as soon as she had drawn the knife the officers had unarmed and tackled her too the ground. Amy had been in a mental institution ever since and it wasn't likely that she would ever get out.

"Yeah I'll text them," Tabitha replied before grabbing out her phone and tapping out a message on her iPhone.

Soon enough four boys made their way up the stairs of Tabitha's house and in to her bedroom where the girls still sat on the bed. Damien Atherton sat down behind Dakota, wrapped his arms around her and placed his head on her shoulder, kissing her neck quickly before focusing on the others. Damien was a typical bad boy before he met Dakota, he used to rob convenience stores until one day when Dakota was helping out at the convenience store her uncle owned and caught Dakota red handed, nobody had ever put up a fight when he stole and it surprised him when Dakota is. That day was two years ago, just after Amy had been sent to the mental institution. Dakota had helped Damien through his stealing addiction and Damien had helped Dakota through  her anxiety issues which she had developed after the whole Amy ordeal.