Chapter 5

On a day when Aezul was gone, one of the people that had captured him had approached his cell. They always kept their features masked with the helmets they wore. Lance payed them no mind and went back to staring up at the ceiling, getting lost in his own thoughts. This occurrence had been happening for a while, but they usually just watched Lance for a bit, before leaving. Today though, they reached up, taking off their helmet. Lance turned to glare at whoever it was, before stopping. His eyes widened slightly. White hair. Purple skin. Midnight blue irises with light yellow sclera. The dude was at least seven feet tall, and had an air of cockiness that made Lance's stomach roil. He didn't trust him.

"Hello blue Paladin." Yeah, he definitely didn't trust him. The way the stranger said his name gave Lance an uncomfortable feeling. The ex-paladin glared at him, an eyebrow raised. "I'm sorry... have we met?" He chuckled. "Your firey. I like that." Lance had to stop the cringe he felt coming up. The way the Galran talked made him feel wrong. He talked like a rapist. Lance scoffed at him, eyes narrowed. "Any reason you've been stalking me for the last couple days? It's making me uncomfortable." The Galran flashed him a blinding smile. "I was just admiring your beauty-" Lance scoffed, standing up. He crossed his arms, glaring at the taller. "Yeah, no. If you're trying to seduce me, or woo me, or whatever, it's not gonna work. You want my heart? Stop watching me like a creep, then we can talk. Goodbye." Lance turned and went back to laying down, hoping the dude would get the message.

The Galran regarded him with surprise, before turning and walking off without another word. Reaching under his bed, Lance took out a pack of cards he had stolen from the guards, chucking them at the wall. Aezul scoffed as he was shoved in the cell, his eyes widening as he watched Lance hurl cards into the cement wall. "You good? Those things are sticking into the wall." Lance sighed before getting up and pulling them out and taking the rest out of the holder.

"Yeah, that creep came by again. He actually took off his helmet and talked to me today." Aezul raised and eyebrow, mildly surprised. "He?" Lance nodded. "He." Aezul hummed thoughtfully. "What did he say?" Lance looked up from where he was organizing the cards. "I asked him why he was stalking me, and he said he was 'admiring my beauty'." Aezul inhaled sharply. "Creep." "Right?! So I told him that if he even wanted to talk to me, he would have to stop stalking me. He just walked off." Aezul sat down, about to respond, when they both heard someone from a cell over. "He sounded like a real weirdo. I would tell you to stay away from him, but I think you got it." Lance looked at the wall to his left, confused. "Sorry, who are you?" The person on the left chuckled. "Mikah Juniper, at your service." Lance looked back at Aezul, who shrugged. Lance shrugged as well, before responding. "Nice to meet you, Mikah."  "Nice to meet you, SK." Lance smirked at the abbreviation of his arena name, feeling his ego inflate slightly. "Always nice to meet a fan." Aezul muttered something under his breath, scowling. Lance smirked at him, raising an eyebrow. "Don't tell me your jealous, A." Aezul glared back at him. "I'm not jealous." Lance raised an eyebrow playfully. "Don't you lie to me." Aezul looked away, pouting. "I'm not jealous." Lance smirked at him, rolling his eyes. "C'mere, you big baby." Before Aezul could object, Lance had wrapped him up in a hug, smiling. "Ugh, get off me." Lance hugged him tighter. "You know you like it." Aezul sighed, relaxing into Lance's touch slowly. "Whatever." He muttered, finally returning the hug. Lance smiled softly, an odd feeling in his heart. This felt.. good. Right. He brushed the feeling off as they separated, before saying a quick goodnight to Mikah, heading to bed.