Chapter 11: Home

Harry drove the Mustang faster than Louis had ever tried to. Louis couldn't calm Harry down no matter how much he tried, but he trusted his driving with everything in him. He knew Harry would never put him in a position to hurt him, but it was a little scary to see him acting like this.

"Harry, please slow down. He probably just wants to know that I'm okay."

Harry didn't respond. He had nothing to say. His thoughts were consumed by whether or not Louis was still talking to this guy behind his back, or if he was going to have to beat the ever living fuck out of someone tonight. Harry was angry, and hurt, but definitely angry. There was nothing that Louis could say that would change his emotions until they got back to his house.

When they pulled into the driveway, Louis noticed his living room light was on. He rolled his eyes dramatically knowing that his whole family was waiting up to see how this was going to play out with the stranger in the driveway. He was sure his mom already had 911 dialed on her phone, and he hoped that it wouldn't be necessary.

"Just be cool, H. Let me go over there, you go in the house." Harry nodded his head toward Danny getting out of the truck to silently tell Louis to head that way. He wasn't going to get out of the car, but he wasn't going to interrupt their conversation either. Louis pecked Harry on the lips quickly with an annoyed sigh and got out of the gold car.

"What are you doing here, Danny?"

The tall boy looked back at him in disbelief. It was obvious that he was looking at Louis' many wounds. Louis' face turned a scarlet red and wanted to shrink into himself.

"Louis, you look terrible."

"You should just leave if you're going to insult me." Danny recoiled and began to stumble over his words.

"I- I really didn't mean it like that. I'm just confused, Louis. You stopped talking to me, you left my house in a rush without even saying goodbye. Forgive me for being concerned...?"

Danny drew out his last sentence in the form of a question, and Louis dropped his tough exterior. He wasn't being fair. He and Danny spent the night together, they'd hung out a bit and texted quite a bit, and then Louis dropped him out of thin air. It was unfair of him to just  ghost  him all together.

"I'm sorry, Danny. I've had a lot going on. It's nothing that you did, it was my own fault." The silence grew thick through the hot Massachusetts air.

"Does it have anything to do with the long haired man sitting in your car staring at me like if his eyes could kill, I'd be dead?"

Louis snorted loudly thinking about how ridiculous Harry must look behind him in the car. If there was something Louis learned about Harry in the short time that  they've known each other is that if nothing else, he is a really good friend.

"Honestly, yes. But it wasn't like that at the beginning. Please understand that I'm not a terrible person. I know it looks like it right now, but i'm not a shit guy," Louis began to ramble and Danny stood in front of him chuckling. Louis' eyebrows furrowed in and he questioned what was so funny silently in his head.

"You're not a shit guy, I just wanted to make sure you were alright. Tell Curly over there to drop the tough act, I'll get out of your hair. Thank you for being honest with me." Danny stepped toward Louis to go in for a hug, but once their chests touched, a loud car door slammed shut making the two separate. Louis bit his bottom lip, trying not to laugh at Harry's ridiculous jealousy, and waved goodbye to Danny who was getting back into his truck. Harry waved too, swinging his big arm high over his head to deliberately be seen.

"Have a goodnight, Curly. Take good care of Lou."

Louis laughed out loud as he approached Harry who had no traces of a smile on his face.