Chapter 4

"You're staying with us. No arguments."

Axel felt shivers run through his spine when he heard Miles's statement. For a moment, Axel was ready to go live with them. To forgive them and start fresh again. But he stopped himself from agreeing. He can't go live with them now, can he? All those years he was away from these people, all the years he cut contact with them and hurt himself in the process was not for him to come start it all over again. He knows he will get hurt, then why is he so hesitant on rejecting this idea? Why does he want to go with them and live with them for the rest of his life? He wanted to nod, and tell them that he had no issue living with them, and that he will be ready to stay with them for the rest of his life but he shook his head instead. But the most important question, why did they want Axel to live with them?

"Why do you want me to live with you? So that You can hurt me all over again? So that you can leave me hanging and walk out again? So that you can break my trust again? Why? We don't even have to be together, if I just look at you, I can't stop my tears from flowing. Then why should I agree to you?" He wanted to scream this on their faces and at the same time go hug them and cry his eyes out. To tell them all his worries, how much he loved them and how much he wished they still loved him. But it was obvious wasn't it, that they can never love him again. They're engaged, they decided to spend the rest of their lives together. Then why would they agree to him? He didn't stand a chance.

"No. I can't. I don't want to come in between you guys. Why do you want me to live with you guys this bad? Can't you just please leave me alone?" He pleaded. Can't they leave him alone? Can't they just let him live his life without any interference?

It started raining heavier and there was absolute silence in the car except the sound of rain drops crashing on the car. Axel's eyes carried hopelessness, despair, misery and the most importantly he was tired. He was tired of all this, his life. He wanted to spend his life with them but he was scared that he will get hurt again.

"I just said no argue- "Miles was abruptly cut off when Kai started speaking, "We're really sorry we left you like that. We didn't mean to hurt you all those years ago. I saw the broken look on your face when I told you that miles and I are dating.... You looked hurt, like you've been betrayed. After that we tried to reach you but you just left. Without any explanations, without telling anyone where you're going, you just left. We felt so guilty, we wanted to apologise that we hurt you that bad, and we couldn't find you until now. Seven years later. The least thing we can do as an apology is to let you stay with us. Knowing that you are staying in such a place if anything happens to you, we'll feel so guilty. Above everything we did to you, if we let you live here, we'll be concerned every minute about your well-being. Please listen to us and come stay with us. We'll take care of you. Please listen to us this once." By the time Kai completed his long rant, tears were freely flowing from Axel's eyes. He was taken aback by Kai's words. He doesn't know if he was crying because Kai really cared about him or because there were so many things in that one long reply that were actually false, that they are only letting him stay with them because they pity and not because they love him.

Obviously, he felt betrayed, how could he not. They just left him, claiming they love each other more than they loved him. Kai said they'll take care of him. Can he trust them? Can he go stay with them?

"Listen, we said what was supposed to be told. It's your choice now." This time it was Miles who spoke. Axel thought for a moment. Should he go? What they were saying made sense. It is a risk for him if he stays here. But what will happen if he went there? Will he be ok there? Will he regret not going or will he regret going? There were so many unanswered questions, the only way to find the answers were him going and living with them.

"I'll go but one condition. I'll stay with you until I get a proper job. After I have a better pay check, I'll move out and find a better apartment." Axel didn't know if he made a mistake agreeing but surely, this decision will change the course of his life. The only thing he didn't know was whether it will change in a good or a bad way.

"Yes, ok we agree. You can stay with us until you get a better job." Kai replied excitedly with a stupid grin on his face. "Well, pack and be ready, we'll come pick you tomorrow." Axel nodded and smiled softly before going inside locking his apartment door to see them leaving to their house through his window.

The last thought that occupied his brain before he slept was whether he took the right decision today, but little did he know, that he will remember this day for the rest of his life.