HB Rickrolled

Azura moon

"Did you hand in the potions essay yet?" asked Izzy as they walked towards their rooms after Spell Science. 

"Just this morning." replied Azura. "It takes super long to find the right information after going through so many books." 

"I know, right!" cried Izzy. "Why can't we just Google it? I mean, these witches can come up with magic social media and magic iPads but not magic Google?" 

"They need to sort out their priorities." said Azura, giggling. 

"Besides," Izzy went on, "we go to a magic school where there are magic spells to turn back time and see the future, but no spell that finishes our homework for us?" 

That got Azura thinking. 

"What if," she said slowly, "there is a spell like that, but nobody's tried to do it yet?" 

Izzy widened her eyes and gave Azura her classic 'bad idea, don't even try' look. Azura ignored her and attempted it anyway. She took out her Spell Science homework and chanted:

"
See that paper, 
all that white.
Finish that homework,
now make it right!
"

For a second she thought it worked, but she found that it wasn't complete. Instead, what she had already written had vanished, leaving her with a blank page. Izzy looked like she wanted to say, 'I told you this was a bad idea,' but she said nothing. Azura stared in horror and was almost thankful when Miss Hardbroom materialised next to her. 

"You are not the first to make such an imprudent mishap." HB's voice rang clearly in their ears which made them jump. Azura usually wished she wouldn't keep turning up so suddenly, but if she could fix this, Azura would gladly receive the scoldings. "Your m- a former pupil of mine, not so long ago happened to attempt this spell to help her friend with a test, and saw the same results. If you truly wish to be a witch, you must understand that a witch cannot rely solely on magic, for there are things magic cannot do. It is possible to enchant a quill to write the answers for you, if you dictate very clearly. However, you cannot expect it to write what you do not tell it to write. You will learn the exceptions to Snellebrod's laws of spellcraft in a few years. This is one of them." 

"Yes, Miss Hardbroom." said Azura. 

"I hope this will teach you to be more careful, Azura Moon." said Miss Hardbroom. She didn't wait for an answer. With a flick of her wrist, Azura's untidy scrawl reappeared on the paper. 

"Thank you, Miss Hardbroom!" Azura squealed with delight. HB definitely wasn't as scary as everyone made her out to be. 

"I will see you in potions class in ten minutes." said HB. "Do not be late!"

With that she transferred away. 

Azura and Izzy took their seats as cauldron partners in the potions lab as HB handed out the corrected essays and called out the marks. 

"Lily Spellburn- sixty eight percent."

"Samantha Meyer- forty three percent."

"Delia Kwikspell- ninety two percent."

"Isabella Jones- eighty five percent."

("That was so much better than I expected," she whispered to Azura.)

"Samyuktha Narayanan- top of the class with one hundred percent."

("I bet Sam got extra credit for handing it in nearly a week early." whispered Azura to Izzy. Sam looked at them with a satisfied smirk.)