Late Night Meet

You go to run home as fast as you can but you see your mom's car so yo change course and get in. Your mom looks at you shocked "what's going on, Y/n?" She says "huh?" You counter "oh the running, I'm just, uh trying to get in better shape" "oh well good for you " she seems to believe you and she drives you home without any further questioning. You spend the evening researching vampires, you skip dinner and check all the vampire lore know to man, the more you read the more you fear Ricky, as the sunsets over Ricky's house you feel a chill rush down your back. You get up to get a snack (after all you missed dinner) when you hear your phone go off, it's a text from an unknown number but you read it anyway.
"Unknown: Hey, Y/n it's Edward Cullen" you read, how did he get yournumber you wonder but respond
"You: hey Edward wassup?" You type quickly. You hit send but immediately regret it, "'wassup'? What does that even mean" you whisper to yourself but before you can tear yourself down anymore he responds
"Edward: I'm nearby, can you talk?"
You're shocked but you quickly reply
"You: yes!"
Almost instantly you hear a knock at the door, you rush downstairs and open it to see Edward standing tall his dark hair shining in the porch light. "Hi" you whisper, "can I come in?" He asks "sure!" You clear your throat awkwardly realizing that you've been staring at him. He comes in and sits on the couch, you join him and the two of you sit in silence "so.." you say finally , "what's up with you?" He looks at you and smiles, his brown? Eyes have a melancholy that shows like hundreds of years of pain, he inhales deeply "I've had a tough time..." you nod "I-" his voice breaks "my wife-" you cringe at the word, 'wife' ugh! you know you should feel bad about his dead wife but tbh you deadass don't care, all you feel is jealousy in the pit of your stomach growing and growling like a monster, you lightly sigh but keep listening. "It's the anniversary of her death" he choked out "oh" you say I bit too nonchalantly he looks at you like you had said 'how's the dead wife' you don't know how to recover from that, he shakes it off and continues, "I just can't stop thinking about her, it's been 3 years I don't know why I can't move on. I need a distraction or something " You rub his back comfortingly, '3 years ago?' You wonder 'he got married in freshman year?' "Gosh what time is it?" He asks "oh man I'm keeping you up aren't I?" He said innocently "No don't worry about it" you respond, " I'm here for you" he gives you a weak smile "you have no idea how much that means to me" he says "I think this will mean more" you say shocked by your own bravery but you don't stop you lean in and kiss him on the lips 👄 he's cold but you continue anyway. once you're done he looks shaken up "I'm sorry that was too forward, That's so stupid and-" he cuts you off by kissing you again, when you're done you're both at a loss for words. Finally he speaks "uhh" his smile grows as he stutters "so... whasup?" You joke he laughs but the. looks down and then he blurts out "I saw you fighting with Ricky today" you're shocked a million thoughts fly through your head but the only words that come out are "he's a vampire" Edward doesn't react which bothers you more than your outburst. You can hear the buzzing silence echoing off the kitchen tile, he finally speaks and what he says surprises you more than anything all day "I know".