Chapter Twenty- Seven

Meet His Mom

Two days ago, Adi asked me if we could meet his mother because she is dying to know her grandchildren. I gladly nodded because he didn't need to asked me that. His family is my children's family too.

He didn't know that after we broke up, his mother and I met and talked about him.

"Hi!" Tita Jess greeted me with a full smile.

I smiled back to her and greeted her with all courtesy.

"I'm sorry that I asked you to meet me all of a sudden" she deeply apologizing.

"It's okay tita" I told her.

"I know for sure you know why I asked you to meet me today" masuyong wika habang sakin ang tingin.

Pagak akong ngumiti sa kaniya bilang sagot. It's too obvious, so I didn't say a word about that.

"Can I just—- ask you a question tita?" I bravely took a deep breath before forming the right way to ask about it.

I am about to ask her about what is in my head but the waiter showed up and placed our meal. Obviously, tita ordered it already before I came. I smiled to the server before he left us again.

"What is it?" Nakangiti niyang baling sakin.

I cleared my throat first before speaking again.

"Why did you introduced Adi as your "only" son when you were in our house last time?" I curiously asked her.

Her eyes widen in shocked because of that. I was ready to take it back when I suddenly heard his meek scoffs, so my gaze automatically lift up and went to her.

"Chester and Chandler are half- brothers. He was the son of my husband from his first wife" she said then took a deep sigh.

Oh I see.

"The reason why you got to know him because unlike Chandler, his father tossed him to his mother when he was a 5 years old. Alam kong hindi tama iyon kaya nga bumalik ako ng Pilipinas para sana kunin siya nung namatay ang mommy niya. But he insisted to stay because he didn't want to abandon his friends in the orphanage" marahan niyang wika.

Parang may kung anong malamig na tubig ang bumuhos sakin sa sinabi niyang iyon. I always hated him for breaking his promise but all along he didn't want to abandon us.

My heart throbbed in pain because I blame him for everything and didn't look at the other side of the story. I am the one who is selfish not him.

Naramdaman ko nalang na parang na tumulo na pala ang luha ko. It must be from the pain I have caused him. Here I am thinking how bad he is, but it's the contrary.

I lifted up my gaze again when I felt a hand on mine. She is squeezing it so tight and giving me a warm smile.

"For sure Chester don't want to see you cry over him. Let's give him a rest" she said to me to ease my pain, so, I wiped out my tears and breathe out.

"I'm sorry about that" I deeply apologize.

"It's okay...you have been longing for him, so, I understand" masuyo naman niyang sagot.

She told me to eat our meal first, so we did. I munched my food, but my mind and heart are still aching for Chester.

One of my regrets is that I never had the chance to say sorry to him and thanking him for a good memories we've shared throughout the years we spent together.