Dazed

Eren sat in the passenger seat watching the scenery pass by as Bertlot drove them to school. The two young men hadn't spoke the whole way there. Not because they weren't friends. They had met when Reiner and Eren had started dating. The two got along well, the issue was both boys were the quiet type. Even so Eren knew if he needed someone to talk to who would keep a secret even from the big blond, he knew he could talk to Bertlot. Eren sighed and looked to the black haired male. surprised to see him already staring back.

" What?" Eren asked with some embarrassment. Bertlot sighed and looked to the road.

" Eren your a great person and guy. And this is by no means being said out of jealousy, but because I know your a great person inside and out. I'm worried Reiner is up to something or doing stuff he shouldn't. He doesn't act like a boyfriend should." He finished softly starting to fidget with the steering wheel. Eren sighed and looked out the window.

His Pappa and Miche had said the same thing to him. Eren had chalked it up to them being over protective and paranoid. But to hear Bertlot speak the same words, it hit a nerve. Eren knew Reiner didn't act like others boyfriends did. He didn't hold his hand or walk with him in public. He said he wasn't into PDA. Even out on dates they had to go to places they wouldn't risk being seen by their friends. Reiner said it was because he didn't want anyone meddling in their relationship. Honestly, Eren was sure Bertlot was the only one that knew about them. Eren glanced to his friend.

" I'll watch out for it Bert. We have a date tonight, I'll talk to him then and see what his plans are. I mean it sucks. When you have a boyfriend their supposed to want to kiss, and hold your hand right?" Eren asked. Bertlot nodded his head.

" Yeah that's right. Just talk to him and tell him what you want. I'm sure he'll understand." The teen smiled his brown eyes shining. Eren smiled back and settled back into the seat. The ride continued in a comfortable silence.

——————

" I can't believe we got stuck behind that wreck!" Eren huffed out as he jumped out of the car. Bertlot was already half way to the schools front doors with his bag. As soon as Eren shut the door Bertlot clicked the button that lock the door. Eren started to run to catch up but his bag got hung on the cars mirror causing the contents to spill out.

" Shit, Eren!" Bertlot yelled turning to head back to help. Eren shook his head and waved the boy on.

" I got this go on ahead. They won't say much to me if I'm late. Go ahead so you won't be late." The brunette yelled. Bertlots brows pulled together in worry but he nodded and headed into class. Eren quickly picked up all his books and binders shoving them into his bag. Once finished he made his way to the door.

The Bell had already rang indicating he was late so why rush. He continued on through the doors to the front office to sign in. Behind the desk sat a blond older woman with rounded glasses and a light blue dress. When she looked up and saw Erens smiling face she smiled as well.

" Good morning Mr.Smith, it's odd for you to be late. Is everything ok?" She asked a little worried. Eren smiled and pulled out his phone showing the woman the car jam he was stuck in due to the wreck.

" Yeah I'm ok. Just hope the people in the wreck were ok. But that's why I'm late, I'm really sorry Mrs. Wood." Eren said shyly looking to the ground.

" Oh no no no Mr.Smith it's quite alright. Here I'll give you a pass. So no worries about anything being recorded on your record." Mrs.Wood said with a sweet smile. Erens eyes lit up as he leaned over the desk to hug her.

" Thank you so much!" The brunette said happily squeezing the woman's shoulders. Eren stepped back and waved as he made his way out of the office to head to his locker. He made it only ten feet down the corridor when he was stopped by a deep voice that sent a chill down his spin.