Chapter 9 - History Repeating

Toni's POV

I woke up, excited for the day ahead of me, being spent with Bonnie, away from all the drama. I got ready and looked at my phone, reading all of the messages I had received.

Damon 🧛‍♂️
Plan went perfectly. You're a good actor.

I sighed, feeling a slight pinch of guilt towards the female vampire's death, but it needed to happen. Even without me, Damon would've ended up killing Lexi.

Matt 🏈
You asked me to update you on the Vicki situation. She still hasn't called, texted or visited.

I felt bad for Matt. He didn't need this and he feels as though his family is unreliable.

Bonnie 😘❤
I'm so sorry, but can we take a rain check? I don't think right now is the best time to go off the grid.

I sighed, knowing that in my gut, she was right. I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. I was looking forward to just spending time alone together.

Me
Yeah, that's fine. See you around.

...

I just finished driving to school and I parked my car before getting out. I saw my sister and Caroline getting off of the school bus. I offered to drive them, but Elena said she wanted to go with Caroline, so I just drove myself. Since Bonnie cancelled the other day, I hadn't talked to her, which wasn't surprising since I was more watching from the sidelines in mine, Elena's, Bonnie's and Caroline's friendship. I had gotten more confident since Elizabeth had invaded my thoughts.

"Why are you so pissed at her anyway?" I heard Elena ask Caroline as I walked towards them.

"She's a thief, that's why," Caroline stated, I didn't bother to ask who they were talking about, but I still listened in.

"I gave her my necklace and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle," Caroline continued. At that moment I knew they were talking about Bonnie. Damon had told me about what happened when Caroline asked Bonnie for the necklace. He also told me the things he called her, making me punch him in the face before ignoring him for two days. Even though Caroline could be a bitch sometimes, she was still my friend and a person with feelings.

"All right, I tried. I'm officially out of it," Elena stated, trying to not get on Caroline's bad side.

"Good. Your turn. Where's Stefan? Have you talked to him?" Caroline asked Elena and I knew she hadn't. A couple of times I found her crying, clearly in love with the boy. Each time that happened, I'd hug her, letting her cry on my shoulder, take the good ice cream out of the freezer, put a good movie in, that isn't about love and we would cuddle up with a big blanket in pyjamas, and watch the movie, eating the ice cream. If she wanted to, I would listen to her rant about her live life or whatever was bothering her (it was usually about Stefan) and give her advice.

"He's avoiding me," Elena stated, referring to Caroline's question. I gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Why?" Caroline asked. I nodded along to her, not knowing why Stefan was actually avoiding her. It was probably something to do with Lexi dying or something like that.

"It's complicated," Elena answered, including as little information as possible. The bell rang and Elena went inside the school. I saw Matt walking out, heading to Caroline so I followed soon after Elena. Matt told me over the phone what I missed the night of the bar. Apparently, Caroline got super drunk so Matt took her home, because she was sad and extremely drunk. She didn't want to be left alone, so Matt (being the nice person that he is) climbed into bed with her (not in the way you're thinking of) fully clothed.