[𝟙] 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝐆𝗼𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐲

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦
𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐁𝐞𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝗼𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝗼𝐜𝐞𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝗼𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝗺𝐞𝐬 𝗼𝐟 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞, 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞, 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐜 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝗼𝐧𝐬 𝗼𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝗼𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐁𝐞𝐟𝗼𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝗼𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝗼𝐜𝐞𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝗼𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝗺𝐞𝐬 𝗼𝐟 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞, 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞, 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐜 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝗼𝐧𝐬 𝗼𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝗼𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 �...

"We think we're free because we can't see the cages."

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"Why isn't it flying away, brother?"

The little girl with long [Hair Color] hair asked the identical boy next to her.

"It's dying, Anastasia. Times like these we should end it's suffering and kill it." He answered and held the girl's hands as she cradled the bird with them. His hands were cold unlike her warmth.

Anastasia's eyes started to glisten with tears as she looked up to her elder twin brother, "Why must they die?"

"All beings die so others can live. The beauty of the butterfly and the ugliness of it's death. These are all part of nature, the dark and the light."

"I don't want to watch them die." She mumbled.

Her brother's eyes softened and a small smile formed on his stoic face. He took one of his hands away from holding her own to cover Anastasia's eyes. She could feel him grab the bird with his free hand and a sickening crack came soon after.

Anastasia started to sniffle a little with tears threatening to fall but didn't stop him, weakly whispering,

"Did it suffer when you killed it, [Y.Name]?"

The boy, [Y.Name], placed the bird's corpse back into her palms and took his hand away from her vision to see clearly. She looked down and saw the unmoving body of the bird.

"It was suffering before it died. Now it's happy." He responded to her question while wiping away the tears that fell down his sister's cheek.

"Are you lying to make me feel better?"

"I would never lie to you."

Anastasia stared at the corpse in her hands one last time, the salty droplets falling onto it's feathers. She imagined her brother's lifeless body in it's stead and started to cry even more.