V3: Ch 6

Slap the surface

To make a nice noise

Koutarou saw an instantaneous exchange of offense and defense.

...Has it started!?

The maids had called off their tea party and scattered to various points within the academy. A few of them continued the tea party, but that was a diversion against the surveillance from the surrounding Magino Devices. Koutarou and one of the maids (a Latina witch from South America who specialized in stealth) were rushing toward the main gate.

The maid kept her stealth spell active and held it up like a cloak as she spoke.

"This jaguar-style spell can erase my footsteps, but it honestly won't work against something on that level."

"That is fine. As long as I can confirm the situation-..."

He trailed off as offense and defense intersected 40 meters away.

The gas mask girl, who had a pink Normal Frame with what seemed to be a flower motif, rushed at Lisbeth.

It was timed to catch Lisbeth by surprise and Koutarou only noticed it once she stood up after landing.

She reached forward while standing and swung her hoe-shaped Device forward. But...

...That isn't going to hit!

The hoe could only manifest its power along the path of the swing. Mary's scythe could slice the things on the inside edge, but a hoe only effected things along the path of the blade itself.

Why would she use something like that here?

...Is she a reckless warrior for justice!?

As expected, the attack did not hit.

But a row of objects appeared along the path of the hoe.

They were flowers.

"What is that?"

"Please get down, Head Butler!"

Just as his head was held further down, the ether flowers that blossomed over an arc began to scatter into the wind.

Immediately, light and power appeared straight ahead.

"Those are explosion spells!"

A chain reaction of explosive light covered a radius of three meters between Lisbeth and the girl.

Kagami saw Lisbeth's reaction.

She found it interesting because the woman did not fall back.

The European U.A.H. witch simply swung her right hand. That light upward snap brought something into existence.

...A straight sword device!

It only took a moment.

But the blade did not hit the expanding arc of explosive light as it approached her.

The blade tip produced a path of bluish-black light.

"What is that?"

"That is Aunt Lisbeth's spatial cutting!"

"You are a knowledgeable girl, Horinouchi!"

That was exactly what happened. The explosive light and power were sliced in two before reuniting and exploding behind Lisbeth who was covered in a slight bluish-black shadow.

...Oh.

Kagami heard something. Power was bursting and the ground was shaking, but Lisbeth's surroundings remained entirely uneventful, as if she were contained inside an invisible scabbard.