Happy Birthday Mads

I can't wait to see the look on Madi's face when we show up to her house. It's her birthday and we wanted to surprise her. When we got to the right house we straightened ourselves out and knocked on the door. A girl not much older than me answered the door. "Madi, I think it's for you," Mads comes into view and she smiles really big. "Happy Birthday Mads!" We says wrapping her in a giant group hug. "Please come in," she says and he head inside. "Presents? Guys you didn't -"

"Of course you did squirt," says Zayn giving her a squeeze. Mr Reyes enters the room, looking very happy to see us. He and I haven't had many encounters on set but he seems like this cool dad to Mads. " What are you guys doing in here! Come meet the rest of the fam," he says guiding us to the back yard. "This is Megan, my youngest and my beautiful wife Maggie."

"It's very nice to meet you Mrs Reyes and you too Megan." I start.

"We've heard so many good things about you," continues Zayn. "I'm Zayn Martin and these are my little sisters, Malea and Aaliyah and our best friend Nani."

"Nice to finally meet you in person, Madi won't stop talking about you!" she giggles.

"Momma!" We start mingling and getting to know the rest of the Reyes family. A girl who looks much older than me couldn't stop talking about how beautiful I was and it made me kinda shy. "Thank you I'm very flattered but have you seen yourself? Absolutely gorgeous." and this made her blush a bit too. I catch sight of her mom bring in this incredible cake and she starts singing. Naturally we all join in and Mads is smiling really big. I remember when it was us, with our mom, those beautiful memories. "Make a wish," she closes her eyes and blows out the candles. After the most delicious cake I've ever had we're watching Mads open presents inside. "Hey Malea can we talk?" whispers her dad and I nod and we head to the sitting room where an elderly lady is sitting. "This is Grandma Rosa, or abuela, Madison and Megan's grandmother,"

"Nice to meet you Grandma Rosa," I smile to the short woman. She held out her hands for me and I put mine into hers. "You are very beautiful," she smiles at me. We hear Megan calling out for me and I excuse myself back to the party. "She's about to open your present," I sit next to Megan as we watch her unwrap it. "Oh my gosh, where did you get this!" she squeals looking at the top and pants I made for her. "I made them from scratch, there should be a bit of fabric left in there so you could make matching earrings,"

"You're so amazing, thank you for being in my life," she hugs me and for the first time it makes me really emotional. "Love you too Mads." I whisper for her to hear.

"Group hug!" starts Zayn and wraps around us both and everyone joins in. I sit with Megan and her mom and talk for a while. "It's getting late, we better head back." I say getting my crew out the door.

"You are welcome anytime at all." smiles Mads's mom. 

"Thank you for having us." We sit in the car, with me driving this time. Tia got us a hotel to stay in for the week before we had to go back for filming. I tucked Aaliyah in next to me. I decide to leave the two snoozing and head to Zayn's room. "You better get to sleep if I know you."

"Did I ever  tell you how much I love you. Besides its Aaliyah's first time visiting since we moved." He kisses my head lightly and engulfs me into a bear hug. "I ..m-miss her Z." I mumble into him.

"We all do, but you do so much. You love Liyah like she came out of you! I'm so proud of you, and so would she. You are so selfless and so passionate and so capable of great love. I think that's why Charlie is so smitten with my sister." I pull away and stare at him. 

"You think so?"

"I know so, that's the same way Uncle L looks at tia when he thinks we're not paying attention." he chuckles and I join in. "Give him a chance Lea."

"I'm scared, I'm scared to put my everything and get it all taken away. Mom, mom was my best friend , my rock, my teacher and my mom. What if I put my all and it's taken away?"

"I know you will find happiness, you deserve it."