Chapter 15: Not The Time

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Xiaojun's POV-

There's no way I can convince Aya to change her mind; however, I have to give it a try. It's only for her sake and mental health.

I took a deep breath before holding Aya's hand. I guided her towards the armchair and told her to sit down. Briefly, I crossed my arms while walking around in circles. My expression says it all; I don't click with Aya's decision regarding her memories.

-Do you honestly want me to cast the magic spell on you? – I sternly asked.

-Yes. And I don't understand why you are acting like this, Xiaojun. – Aya spoke, becoming frustrated by my reaction.

-I know this world better than you do, Aya. So, I know the difficulties and struggles an angel has after recovering old memories. – I disclosed while looking at Aya.

-I can endure many things. You might know this realm better than me, but you don't have any idea of who I am and how determined I can be, Xiao Dejun. – Aya stood up, facing me while both of us were about to explode on each other.

-My mission is to protect you from doing something stupid. And if I let you recover your memories, it might be game over for everyone. Stop being so selfish and see around you! Once you fail to hide who you are, the entire team goes down with you. – I claimed, losing my patience as I stare at Aya's eyes.

-Selfish? How? Is it wrong that I want to understand the connection between this world and me? Am I the guilty one for having a liar as a mother? – Aya angrily questioned. I could see in her eyes that she wanted to break down and let all out, but she didn't let herself have a moment to breathe.

Before I could say anything else, Hendery and the rest of the team got inside the room. I took a step away from Aya as both of us are still looking at one another without grace.

-What's going on with you two? – Kun asked while everyone surrounded us.

-Aya, are you okay? – YangYang asked while standing beside his friend, then looking back at me. -Xiaojun, what happened? – He questioned, confused.

-Go ahead, tell them what you want to do, Aya. I'm not going to support something like this anymore. – I firmly spoke before walking away from my friends.

-And I won't support the person who claims to be loyal and honest to his team. – Aya said, making me stop on my way out. -Xiao Dejun, the angel of poison, speak up about your nature to your friends for once and for all. – Aya said without hesitation. I closed my fists as soon as she mentioned my powers, making me realize that my identity can't stay in the shadows any longer.

-Angel of poison. Xiaojun, what is Aya talking about, huh? – Kun questioned, sounding upset.

-Xiaojun. – I heard Hendery's voice, causing me to widen my eyes before turning around, seeing one of my closest friends stare back at me with concern.

-Did you ever questioned why I used daggers and nails instead of a sword? – I spoke before taking a deep breath. -I'm the only heir that my grandfather had. I hold the power of poison and destruction just like he did back in the day. I obtain a new ability every seven months, and I can use a new type of energy. – I disclosed as I felt some tears forming on the corner of my eyes, but I tried to stay calm before lifting my head.

-Why you never told us about this before? – Lucas asked, confused.

-I felt scared; after all, no one has ever been safe with a poisonous angel. Nobody knew, only Aya. But I guess she couldn't wait for me to make up my mind before explaining to everybody my secret. – I pointed out, looking at Aya with disappointment and anger.

-We are a team, and no matter what, we promised to stay together. – Ten mentioned, which everyone nodded for in response.

-Nobody is going to judge you for who you are, Xiaojun. We are with you. – Kun sincerely said.

-Yes! And we'll protect you if someone tries to hurt you because of your nature. – Sicheng spoke, making me smile slightly.

-Xiao-ge, you don't have to fear anymore. – Hendery said as I realized that he began to tear up. I got closer to him, wiping away the drops from his cheeks.

-That's why you were fighting, huh? – YangYang questioned.

-No. – I sighed before looking back at Aya. -I won't reveal what isn't my problem. I would never do that to a friend. – I pointed out, making Aya widen her eyes. I shook my head before walking away from the team and then got out of the room without looking back.

-Xiaojun! – I heard someone calling my name, so I stopped moving before looking behind me.

-Hendery? – I spoke while watching my friend coming towards me in a hurry. When suddenly, Hendery reached my spot and began to hold me tight against him.

-Why you never spoke with me about this? Huh? I thought we were together in everything, ge. – Hendery questioned, his voice sounding low and sad.

I held the back of Hendery's head, pulling him closer to me. I sighed before closing my eyes, trying to comfort him as much as possible.

-I will never break that promise to you, Hendery. What happened right now was something I didn't expect, and I wanted everybody to know about my abilities when I knew what to say to you. – I admitted as I felt Hendery holding onto my shirt tighter.

-You hid your identity all this time. And I don't know how I couldn't notice it. – Hendery stuttered, causing me to step away from him. Then, I immediately held his face between my hands while worriedly looking at him.

-Hendery, don't cry for me. I promise I didn't suffer as you imagine. It was hard but not impossible to bear, and I lived peacefully and without regrets. So, don't torment yourself with those thoughts, okay? – I told Hendery, which he nodded for in response. After that, I placed my hands away while still looking at his gloomy expression. -Cheer up! Nothing will change between the team because of this. – I assured him.

-I know, but I'm still worried about the argument you had with Aya. – Hendery admitted before holding my hand. -Ge, do you honestly despise each other? – Hendery questioned.

I shook my head slightly. -Go back to the room and let Aya explain what happened. We argued because I didn't empathize with her decisions. – I disclosed before taking a deep breath.

-Are you sure? Don't you want me to stay with you? – Hendery asked, concerned.

-No, don't worry about me, Hendery. – I spoke with a subtle smile on my face, then I patted Hendery's head while he grinned back at me. One last time, he hugged me before returning to the room. And as soon as he entered, I continued my way to the library.

At this point, the only thing I can do is expect the worse. So, I will do more research before using the emblem on Aya's memories. Even though I can't accept her decisions, deep inside, I know that she has the right to understand more about this world. I'm not against her, but sometimes, I can't understand why she wants to risk it all when the circumstances are becoming worse by each day. The demons might attack in just a few months, and we aren't ready for the upcoming battle. So, risking our team because of Aya's memories isn't the most intelligent move to make at the moment. Maybe when everything ends, we can do whatever Aya pleases. But for now, I want my people to live and stay safe from darkness.