Chapter 16: Risk-On The Line

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Moments later*

-Xiaojun's POV-

The time has passed, and I haven't heard from any of my teammates. I left them alone in that room with Aya, hoping that they would differ with Aya's decision regarding her memories. Somehow, I knew that my wishes wouldn't get grated, making me expect the worst-case scenario. I came to the library some hours ago, and I read about five books about the memory emblem and the process for redeeming the past. I already knew of it, but I never cast it before. It isn't as complicated as I thought; however, the after-effects aren't something I look forward to seeing. Recovering memories is a painful process, but it seems that nothing scares Aya.

Right now, I'm still sitting down on the armchair while reading. I could hear some people arguing in the hallway, making me realize that the angels finished talking with Aya. Suddenly, a rampage of angry individuals came inside the library, immediately causing me to release a deep sigh. And in a matter of seconds, everybody was around me.

-How do we stop, Aya? – Ten asked, concerned.

-It isn't the time to recover Aya's memories; we should wait until everything gets better. – Lucas pointed out.

-Aya has the right to know about her past, guys. – Sicheng spoke.

-But Luke Cross is still looking for the newborn. – Hendery mentioned.

-And he already knows that is Aya. – I sighed as I kept my eyes on the book.

-What?! – Everyone said at the same time, making me look at my friends with a solemn expression.

-How does Cross know about it? – Kun asked, confused.

-Yes, we've been careful about the situation. – YangYang said while looking at me.

-When I took Aya to Busan's institute, Luke's son appeared. You already know that. But what I didn't say at the time was that his son recognized Aya and targeted her. So, Luke Cross might know that Aya is the newborn. – I disclosed before closing the book, paying all my attention to my friends.

-And why you didn't tell us before? – Sicheng asked.

-How many secrets do you have? – Lucas questioned.

I scoffed before standing up, briefly walking towards the bookshelf. -I only had one, which I already revealed a few hours ago. My knowledge about Luke Cross was something I wanted to tell you after coming back from The City of Seasons. But I got distracted by Aya's situation. – I explained, placing the book in its place and searching for more.

-Xiaojun, what's your problem? Don't you want to help Aya? – YangYang questioned, upset.

-Aya can't risk herself more. Once the council knows who she is, everyone will go against her. – Ten pointed out.