04. Group project

AS THE NEXT BELL RANG, every student quickly scattered to get to their next class. Since Millie was no where in sight, the brunette made her way, alone, to history. She looked around for any sight of her friend, but she was nowhere to be found.

Thalia made her way to a seat at the back, sinking in her chair.

Due to the fact that she was too focused on staring at her shoes, she didn't see a figure approaching her.

Louis sat down next to Thalia, him too sinking deep in his chair.

"Hey."he said as he turned to her.

She ignored him as she got up, ready to switch places. Louis held her hand back down as he said,
"Wait, it's ok, I'll leave. After all, you were here first."

"No whatever,it's fine,"Thalia replied.

The two exes stayed in an awkward silent, a silent so evident that made Thalia's anxiety rise. She played with her fingers as Louis watched,not saying anything.

"Um soooo, do you know why the teacher is late?"Louis asked,trying to stirr up some conversation.

Thalia shrugged,"um no clue."she awkwardly answered.

Louis hummed."Watch this."

Thalia attentively watched as he threw a small paper airplane to Kendrick's head.

"You have the maturity of a 14 year old," Thalia replied, doing her best to hide her smile.

"Ha, I know that you know that I know that you're smiling."he said.

Thalia chuckled,"Right,lemme just pretend like I understood that."

Louis let out a laugh, a true one, not a fake one compared to all the other laughs he would share with other students.

Not being able to hide her smile, Thalia widely smiled,trying to look down so it could be less evident.

The teacher ended up by coming, 10 minutes late. He layed his stuff on the desk as he ordered everyone to take a seat.

"Hey everyone, welcome back to History class."he started.

"My name is Mr.Gilbert,and I am your hsitory teacher's substitute today.!"

(A/N 💀💀 I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote mr.gilbert)

"Without further ado, let's get right into business,"he said, as he clapped his hands.

Thalia zoned out, per usual and Mr.Gilbert seemed to have noticed.

"Hey you, over there."he said.

Thalia didn't hear him cause when she gets distracted, she joins this whole new world. Right now, she's probably daydreaming about her non realistic life where she's dating Harry Styles.

Louis slightly nudged her foot as he discreetly nodded at the direction of the teacher.

She quickly snapped out of her trance as she whipped her head ahead of her.

"Yes you, what's your name again?"the teacher asked as everyone turned to stare at her.

Thalia could feel her anxiety level up a thousand meters as she replied,
"Uh,um, I- my name is i-s is Thalia."

Louis, knowing her more than anyone in this room immediately felt bad for how much she must be stressing right now. He sneakily took hold of her hand under the table, giving it a gentle squeeze. He ran his thumb across the palm of her hand using their old tactic to send her the message 'breathe.'

"Oh ok, nice to meet you. I would like to ask you to summarize what I just communicated to you all."the teacher continued.

Thalia felt as if a pound of bricks had been thrown on her. Her heart rate increased as she felt herself shaking. She tried taking a deep breath but that didn't seem to help.

Louis watched, knowing exactly what was happening. He watched, thinking of what to do. He looked back at the teacher, who was impatiently waiting for an answer, not at all impressed by her 'fake' stress.

"Um, I don't know what you're trying to do here, but I'm still waiting for an answer."

"Uh, I-."Thalia stammered.

She looked up from her shoes and perceived Kendrick holding up a small paper, that Thalia could not quite read. She sneakily squinted her eyes and perceived the words 'group project'.

"Um,you-you talked about how were gonna be doing a group project?"she answered, unsure of her response.

The teacher slowly nodded, awaiting for more details. Thalia slightly sent a smile Kendrick's way as a was of thankfulness.

When he saw that Thalia was not gonna speak anymore he concluded,
"Ok....anyways why don't you guys get started on this. I have already made the groups and when I call your name id like you to stand up and find your partners. It's gonna be in groups of 3"

"But there's gonna two groups of 2 since we have an odd number of people in this class."

Thalia relaxed, her heart still going a hundred miles per hour as Mr.Gilbert named out the groups.

She looked down, seeing that her hand was still tightly gripped in Louis's. She forcefully snatched her hand away, causing Louis to jump and stare at her.

He immediately looked down, sad that the gesture he had presented to support Thalia, only irritated her.

"Millie and Sadie."

"Louis and Thalia"

"Shit,"Thalia silently whispered, but it was loud enough for Louis to hear.

The guilt that he had been pushing down during all these years suddenly came flying like a dodgeball and hit him in the face. Seeing all the signs that Thalia showed, she obviously didn't forgive him for his regretful actions. To be honest, he wouldn't forgive himself either.

"Um I'm so sorry that you got stuck with me. If you want we can ask to switch partners?"louis sympathetically asked.

Thalia silently shook her head as she looked around the classroom. As she did so, she saw Millie laughing and chatting with Sadie. Now that she thinks about it, the young brunette hasn't seemed to be talking to Millie a lot lately. Millie either always had something to do, or she was simply hanging out with Sadie the whole time.

She decided to shrug it off as she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Oh um sorry what were you saying?"Thalia asked.

"Oh, um, I was wondering since we don't have a lot of time left till the next bell, we maybe could finish it at the coffee place right down by the street?After all our classes?" Louis answered.

"Oh um sure.."Thalia hesitated.

She had a bad feeling about this.

(@_@)

Um yuh, y'all please don't say anything. I have ZERO motivation whatsoever for this book so it's very LAMO. But whatever I'll still update ig
Yall rn:

I don't even know what's going on at this point-