Chapter 7

Marinette pov:

One week later

"I'll manage everything papa" I told as my dad hugged me before waving goodbye.

Yes...I moved in with adrien but I didn't informed my parents.

Just told them that I'm sharing it with a roommate.

I explored the house to pass some time.

This apartment is big if you ask me but from adrien's perspective I understand why he told me that it's a small one.

I'm hungry!

I opened the refrigerator and sighed.

Only fruits, fruit juice and milk.

The kitchen is quite neat and clean. I checked all the cupboards and sighed.

Is he always eating takeouts. There is absolutely nothing in here, not even a pan. Only sugar and a coffee maker.

Ugghhh...I'm so bored. I know we married recklessly without thinking and...informing our parents but adrien proved he could be a reliable partner during tough times and what more do I want from a relationship.

And though I wondered what it would be like to marry chat noir instead of adrien.

I bet he wouldn't keep the kitchen neat and clean and would be the laziest out of the two of us.

Stop! stop!

You are already married, quit thinking about other man.

It's been one week but I'm already cheating on adrien and thinking about living together with chat.

"M-Marinette...I bought dinner on the way,..can w-we eat" I looked at adrien freshly out of shower.

How long was I sitting on this kitchen counter? ?

My face went red as I followed him to the living room.

"I'm sorry I didn't came to help you this afternoon"

"My dad helped me and...I didn't told my parents that we're married so..."

"I understand marinette" He gave me an angelic smile.

Why am I getting hormonal again!! I'm not a teenager

We ate our ravioli lasagna in a comfortable silence.

"How was work today" I hesitantly asked.

"Good" He sounded sad, We were left with complete silence even though I really wanted to ask him why he is sounding tired,... more like emotionally tired.

I cleaned up everything as we... went inside the room.

Adrien and I are gonna sleep in the same bed!!

"Are you alright" He looked concerned at me.

"Y-Yeahhh"

"Your face is red, did you perhaps caught a cold" He stroked my cheeks making me even more red.

"No it's just chilly tonight"

We awkwardly laid beside each other but I could hear his occasional sighs and even with the every dim light I could see him glaring at the ceiling with his luscious green eyes.

He's your husband marinette ! !

"Are you okay" I asked turning towards him.

I could see him taking deep breaths.

"Yeah" He told as he refused to turn around and face me.

"A-Actually I want to quit mari" He suddenly turned around facing me.

Wait...Am I getting abandoned after one week of marriage! !

"I don't want to be the CEO of Gabriel fashion"

I switched on the light and sit up to see his face.

"Then don't be, do what your heart desires" I stroked his cheeks as he sat up.

"The thing is... I-I really want to have a normal life...like marriage, working in a office, getting home on time, spending weekends on enjoying,...I just want to...live normal"

I could feel him trying hard to convey his feelings.

I can't make decisions for him, I can only help him so I did the best thing.

I hugged him as he hugged me back into a bone crushing one pouring all his feelings into it.

"Now tell me what happened" I asked as he buried his face into my neck.

"I feel like being a ceo is suffocating me, I-I don't feel self satisfied"

I don't know how he's feeling, because I have never experienced the suffocation he was feeling.

"Maybe you should discuss this with your dad"

He... smiled

"I may sound like a coward but I really don't have the guts to talk back to him. I was 13 years when my mom disappeared and I don't know why she left and I don't even know what happened to her, My father was devastated.
The once happy man was gone, I know I reminded him of my m-mom...everytime he saw me so he avoided me by putting his heart and soul into work but he never a-abandoned me.
I tried to make him happy by being outstanding in everything but I barely got recognized, Whatever I do rather than cheering me up, I would hear him telling me that he was disappointed which was hurting.
I don't know who I am marinette, I feel like a guy without ambition, just following his father's footsteps and nobody seems to care for me"

I could feel warm tears on my neck.

"Who said you are a guy without ambition and nobody cares for you" I held his face between my hands and looked straight in his eyes.

"You are kind, compassionate, lovable, adorable, smart and outstanding and... craving for a normal happy life is also a ambition, you are not aimless AND I CARE ABOUT YOU!!" I pouted as he gave me smile.

"I'm glad that I married you" He hugged me again as I pushed him.

"Now get ready"

"Get ready...where..."

"We are going shopping to clear your head and besides there is no groceries"

____________________________________

To be continued

P. S. I guess marriage is more than the cliche things we've read  😉😉