Book One: Chapter 19

My head spun as I opened my eyes, feeling my wrists tied behind a solid rock on the floor. Kevin was next to me with ropes around his body against a tall stalagmite.

What the hell?

I stretched my left leg toward Kevin, tipping my toe against his left leg. "Kevin! Kevin!"

His head shook and opened his eyes. "Where are we?"

I glanced around at the dome-shaped chamber cavern, connected by two tunnels. Stalactites hung above like sharp nails. Candles lined along the walls, giving out light to the entire cave.

Geez, the cave was like a total place where cultists performed human sacrifices.

"I totally don't know." I shook my arms, but it was too tight.

Kevin shook his arms too. "I can't reach the silver daggers in my pockets. But I don't feel them."

I growled. "Who the total heck captured us?"

As if someone heard my question, someone laughed from the left tunnel entrance.

"Hello sweetie," said a familiar voice.

My heart dropped as a tall boy in a white tank-top and short jean pants stepped into the chamber without shoes on. His black short hair looked messy.

"Mark?" My bitter words slipped through my lips from my pumping lungs.

"Congratulations, sweetie," my boyfriend answered with a devilish grin. "I never expected you would survive from me."

Oh, my god! I want to break loose and totally hug my hunkie! But..... Something doesn't look right about him. His mean stare felt like daggers piercing through my soul. "What do you mean?"

Mark kneeled close toward me. The musty scent I followed was coming from him.

"Well, there is something I never told you, sweetie," he whispered into my ear. "I am the werewolf."

My eyes widened. "What?"

Mark glared. "Do I have to repeat myself? I am the werewolf. W.E.R.E.W.O.L.F! Werewolf!"

My lips trembled. "B-b-b-but that can't be!"

Mark frowned. "Really?"

"The werewolf attacked you when you left the car."

"No sweetie. I left the car to attack you."

I shook my head. "No!"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! When I hid in the woods, I screamed to get your attention. Then I placed clues for you to follow until you reached my destination. By the time you reached my house, I let out the beast on you. Hehehe."

Tears dripped down my cheeks. "But why?"

Mark stroked my hair. "To test you, sweetie. Ever since my father turned me, I have been lonely for a long time."

"Your father?" Kevin asked.

Mark stared at him. "Yes, nerd. He is Mr. Roachshire. Or at least he was. After he left to go hunting, he came back as a strange man with a wolf bite mark. One night, he transformed into a wolf and killed my mother. My sister killed him with a silver blade, but he bit me and her before he died. When we turned, Betty and I couldn't control ourselves."

He stared at the ground, grimacing as if he got a nasty taste in his mouth. "Feeding the beast was the only thing we could do. So we hunted human prey for centuries. But the more we killed, the more we grew used to it. As a reward, we get to live longer."