Chapter 2: In command

The giant looked at his hand again as he walked down one of the hospital's long corridors. Trying in vain to banish the strange feeling of amnesia.

I'm sure you know the feeling when you set off to do something, only to wonder what you were going to do a few moments later. Well, that feeling was pushed to the extreme with Sebastian, and of course no matter how he rearranged his neural cells, he couldn't find a way to remember anything.

Amiya: Doktah?

Once again, it was the rabbit who snapped him out of his thoughts. She seemed worried to see him with his face so knackered. The giant, thinking as if by instinct, resumed his smile and looked at the rabbit.

Sebastian: Yes?

Amiya: How are you?

Perhaps she had an instinct that told her every time he doubted. He took a deep breath.

Sebastian: This is all so surreal... I find myself thrown into the middle of a battle I know nothing about... And at the same time I can't even tell myself whether it's normal or not. Given that I don't have a single other reference...

Amiya: I'm sorry... It's because of me that you're in the middle of this chaos...

Sebastian: Stop it. Don't torture yourself over this. At least there's a bright side to all this.

The girl looked at him quizzically.

Amiya: Really?

Sebastian: Yep. At least from now on everything in my life can only get better...

He said with a smile. Then the girl laughed softly. Indeed, as far as she could remember, the doctor's early life hadn't been very pleasant.

Sebastian: How are you?

Amiya: I...

She took a moment to catch her breath. The doctor had been honest with her, so she felt she had to do the same.

Amiya: It's weird for me too... You're really different from before...

Sebastian: Oh

Amiya: Don't get me wrong! I'd say for now that you're better than you were used to... It's just that I've never seen you fight...

He must have shocked her with his actions.

Sebastian: Really? Yet... it's almost... natural for me.

He said, looking down at his hands, recognizably those of a warrior.

Sebastian: That's all I can do for now...

A simple sigh escaped his lips.

Amiya: Don't take Dobermann's words too seriously.

Her eyes darted to the perro beside them, sending her an almost murderous look.

Amiya: I have faith in you doktah.

The older man merely smiled, and yet he was touched to the core.

Guard: Amiya, I need your help for a moment.

Amiya: I'm coming.

The cautus walked ahead, separating herself from the giant, then Dobermann came to take his place, pulling something out of her pockets before holding the object out to the giant. She didn't dare look him straight in the eye, so the doctor looked at what she was handing him.

A MRE bar.

Dobermann: You look like you need it...

She said, looking at his corpse-like constitution. The giant felt touched; he'd be lying if he said his stomach at the moment wasn't howling with famine. He only paid attention to this small act of kindness, not understanding that Dobermann was just feeling slightly guilty for venting her frustration on him.