Chapter Seventeen

Billie's outfit

Billie's outfit

Billie
I stood in front of my mirror getting ready for me and Elles date.

I tried to get all of my jitters out the night before but that didn't go to well.

It wasn't like it was a huge date, it was just casual but I still felt like I needed to impress her. I'd never admit it but I was nervous as fuck.

Once I had finished getting ready I headed downstairs to my car and texted Elle if everything was alright. Ever since she told me about her mom I've been checking up on her more often.

When she assured me everything was okay and that she was ready I blew out a breath and drove off to her stop.

I spent the entire Saturday getting our spot ready. I set up a small blanket with little boxes of fruit and crackers, just small foods that I thought Elle would be comfortable with.

When I arrived at her stop I got out of my car and I swear it was like time had slowed down for a minute.

She looked amazing.

"You look really beautiful, Elle."

"Thank you. You look nice too."

"Thanks. You ready?"

She nodded her head as I walked over and opened the door for her. It was hard to keep my eyes off her when I started driving.

I noticed how was she was picking at her fingers and her lips.

"Hey relax. It's only me."

"No I know it's just...Billie you're the first person to take me on a date. I don't know what to do."

"Just be yourself. That's all I want. Don't try to impress me or anything just be completely and authentically-is that a word?"

"Yes Bil it's a word."

"-Okay just be completely and authentically you."

"Alright, if you say so."

Once we arrived at our spot I instructed her to close her eyes.

While she was confused she did so and I took her soft hand in mine leading her to our little picnic area.

She giggled nervously the entire way making my heart flutter each time.

When I told her to open her eyes, her jaw dropped a little bit as she gasped quietly and smiled.

God her smile was so beautiful I couldn't stop looking at it displayed across her perfectly freckled face.

She didn't speak for a few moments as she scanned over the food items.

"Do you like it? Is it too much? Or too little? Wait is it the food? I can-"