Chapter Fourteen

Elle
For the past week Billie has been taking me out for lunch and making me small little snacks and meals to help with my disorder.

I could say for myself it felt like I was getting a tiny bit better.

I didn't have a panic attack whenever food was around or when it was brought up. While I haven't ate a full meal with her yet I can say I've improved.

Everyday I can feel we grow closer and closer together. At the same time I can feel Alexis drifting farther away from me.

I tried not to focus on it though. My old therapist told me that sometimes even life long friends can drift apart. I figured we were just going through a rough patch which wouldn't be the first time it happened.

There was a period of time where me and Lexi didn't speak to each other for an entire year. Then one day we started talking again and it was like nothing had ever happened.

Feeling a presence behind me I turned around to find Billie standing there with a smile.

"Hey beautiful," she greeted. The nick names, which have expanded, are also something that I have grown to love.

"How are you doing, mama?"

"I think I'm good. I'm a little worried about my friend Alexis, she's just just been acting really weird lately."

"I'm sorry. Do you wanna talk about it?"

That was another thing I've grown to love about Billie. She always wants to make sure I'm okay, whether that means me crying in her arms, ranting to her or just simply talking to her about my problems.

I shook my head as I closed my locker, leaning back against it.
"No, this isn't the first time it's happened. I'll be okay I just don't wanna talk about it."

"Okay. Did you eat something this morning?" She asked, changing the subject.

I lightly smiled as I nodded my head.
"I did. I had an apple, I know it's not much but it's the only thing that I could eat without wanting to puke and-"

My words sped up out of nerves as Billie gently placed her hands on my shoulders.
"Elle. Relax mama. That's good, I'm proud of you. So, you ready for our date tomorrow?"

I took in a nervous breath but nodded my head anyways.
"Yep."

"That doesn't sound very sure."

"Sorry. I'm just really nervous." I sighed, as I went to pick at my lips. A nervous and harming habit of mine. Sometimes I'll pick at them until they bleed.

Billie took my hands away from my mouth and held them with her own, soothingly rubbing over my knuckles, another thing she's been doing recently.

"Don't be, just think of it as...a fancy hangout. Trust me, you'll love it. I have it all planned out it's gonna go great. Plus I have some things to show you that I know you'll love."

"Like what?"

"Nope, it's a surprise. You'll see tomorrow."

I smiled and said a small "okay" as the bell rung for us to go to class.

~

Once our 2nd period class ended I went to my locker, shocked to find Alexis standing there.

"Hey Lex," I greeted.

"Hey. Listen I just wanted to say sorry about the other day. You're right I wasn't in the best mood and I wanted to make up for it, do you wanna get lunch? I know we haven't done that in a while."

She held a hopeful smile making me feel a bit guilty that I couldn't go.

"Oh god, I would love to but I'm getting lunch with Billie. Can we do it next week?"

Her smile faded and she scoffed as she rolled her eyes. "Of course."

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Have fun with Billie." She spoke nastily.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"God wake up, Elle. You're always with her, you never have time for me anymore. Whenever I wanna hang out with you like old times you're always have plans with her. I'm supposed to be your best friend and you just dropped me like last weeks garbage."
She snapped. My mouth dropped in shock as I scoffed back.

"Yeah, you are supposed to be my best friend but you know something Alexis? You haven't been acting like a best friend to me recently. Billie has been more of a best friend than you've ever been."

"What are you talking about?"

"Look, Alexis I love you so much but lately you've just been plain bitchy. I would understand if something happened but hell what do I know? You never tell me anything anymore!"

"And you do? When were you gonna tell me about this?" She reached over and pulled my sleeve up revealing my arm of scars.
"But you told Billie about that the first day you met her, didn't you?

"As a matter of fact, I didn't tell her shit. Quite the opposite actually, I didn't wanna tell her anything. She just knew and do you know what she did when she found out? She helped me! She is helping me, Alexis, something you never did! I thought you knew me like the back of your hand, but you couldn't even tell that I was fucking falling apart inside and I still put on a smile for you and tried to help you with your problems!" I shouted, a small crowd beginning to form.

"Billie saw that I was struggling before I even told her my fucking name! I'd say that's a pretty damn good friend."

"If she's such a good friend then why don't you make her your new best friend since I'm such a horrible one?"

I rolled my eyes.
"I didn't say that Alexis."

"No. You didn't have to you made it pretty clear. Have a nice life, barcode." She spat, hitting my shoulder with her own as she walked past.

I looked around at everyone who was looking at me.

"Bye!" I shouted, making them scurry off to their classes.

When the crowd dissipated I saw Billie standing with a sympathetic look on her face. I sighed as she walked up to me.

"Uhh what just happened?"

"I think I just lost my best friend."

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A/N: Short chapter today sorry

Buttttt album drops in NINE DAYS!!!!

Thoughts? Feelings? Theories? Let me know!

Love y'all!