#mocha

" can i have a mocha please? "

____________________

"-e weren't even together!" 

a woman with just-above shoulder length chestnut hair stormed into the small coffee shop, closely followed by a man with a green mohawk and dark expression on his face. 

the bell above the door chimed merrily as they entered.

"oh yeah? then who were you with?" the punk challenged. 

"i was with heather! at the mall! i told you, duncan!" the brunette threw her hands in the air, clearly exasperated. 

"AND" she glared at her boyfriend. "he was with amy! his girlfriend!

he glared back. "and just how do you know that?"

courtney rolled her eyes. "jesus christ, duncan! if you were any more insecure-" 

"me? insecure? HA! thats funny princess." 

courtney jabbed her finger at duncan's chest. "now is NOT the time for pet names."

trent watched quietly from his table in the corner, eyes wide. he thought they were awfully lucky that he was one of the only people here.

"-me and scott are just. friends." the girl spoke through gritted teeth. 

the punk scoffed. "yeah! with benefits!"

courtney raised an eyebrow, arms crossed. "oh yeah? like you and gwen?" 

the green-haired man looked at her in shock. "wh-"

"NEWSFLASH ASSHOLE, i don't wear lacy black underwear with skulls!" she yelled, face turning red.

duncan narrowed his eyes at her. "don't act like you and scott haven't done anything before!"

"WE. HAVEN'T." the brunettes body seemed to be vibrating with anger. "GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD, WE. ARE. JUST. FRIENDS." she said, sticking one finger in his face.

the male smacked her hand away. "whatever." he sniffed, rolling his eyes before looking away, jamming his hands in his pockets and shuffling out of the shop. 

furiously wiping her eyes, courtney aggressively threw her bag next to a chair and sat down at a table, putting her head in her hands. 

after a couple minutes waiter walked up to her carefully, shielding their face with a platter. "uhm, ma'am..? are you ready to order..?"

courtney didn't even bother to look up. "can i have a mocha please? medium." she asked, voice horse. 

the waiter nodded quickly, before scurrying back to the counter. 

____________________

a/n: wooo a trentney story! staying true to my username :) i've wanted to write this for a while, so i'm glad i finally did lol