|Hands|

The cold of the night was nipping at the delicate skin on your face, and it was moments like these that made you feel extremely grateful for the clothes on your back. The numerous lights set up throughout the entire place didn't help to make the cold go away. His hoodie was the only thing really keeping you warm. The softness of it against your skin, the warmth it provided.

The same could be said about his hands as they reached out for your own, soon finding them and interlacing his fingers with yours. Your eyes immediately fell to look down at your now conjoined hands before looking over at him.

He had the prettiest, softest, smile on his face when your eyes finally met his. The tip of his nose was slightly red, notifying you that he was cold too, but it was a perfect night to come out to the fair. Perfect night to check out all the rides and ridiculously difficult games that gave the weirdest prices. Perfect night to be with him.

After a few moments of heartwarming eye contact, he finally tugged at your hand before beginning to lead the way into the fair. You let him drag you to wherever he wanted, taking this time to look around and really take in the beauty of this fair.

The lights were shining brightly, different colors adorning the rides, small shops, and food stands. Although it was getting late, the fair seemed to be running as if it was daytime, and the crowds were very telling of the fact that it would not be closing anytime soon.

As your attention focused back on Alex, you realized you were standing in front of a rollercoaster, nothing too scary yet not a baby ride. You knew he loved the thrill of rollercoasters, so you weren't surprised nor bothered by this. The line wasn't too long, you would most likely get on the next turn, and this allowed you to view what the ride would be like.

The cheerful and adrenaline filled screams told you the rollercoaster would be a good one. A small glance at Alex and it was clear he was looking forward to finally being seated. Another telling sign of this was the gentle squeeze to your hand, something he did out of excitement or as a form of reassurance.

Before either of you knew, you were seated side by side, ready for the ride to begin. His hand never left yours, fingers still intertwined with no signs of leaving each other's grasps.

"Are you scared?" You asked as you felt his grip tighten slightly, to which he scoffed. Of course, you knew he wasn't, but couldn't help and tease him a bit.

"Of course not. I'm just trying to reassure you in case you're scared." He said in a mocking tone as he let go of your hand.

You smiled at that but quickly intertwined your fingers back together, not wanting to lose the warmth he provided on this cold night. Before he could answer or give any reaction, you looked forward and braced yourself for the ride that was about to begin.

-

After multiple rollercoaster rides, you found yourself sitting at a table with Alex as you both enjoyed some of the food you've bought at the stands. He had wanted to try a bit of everything, claiming it wasn't often that you two would get to eat 'classic fair food'.

As you ate, you looked across the table at Alex, noticing the hair strands crazily sticking out of his beanie from the wind and the multiple rollercoaster rides. You reached over with your clean hand, gently fixing and tucking those strands away. He seemed confused by your actions before realizing what you were doing, to which he gave you a thankful smile.

Your hand lingered for a bit on his face before pulling it away and continuing to eat. He had been talking about how fun those rollercoasters had been, and you agreed wholeheartedly. Some you'd both been a little iffy in regards to how safe they were, but overall you two were having fun.