|Summertime|

The heat hit hard against your skin, the smallest of touches leaving a burning sensation, rays far too hot for your liking.

It was summertime, the time of the year where the heat ranged from a cool wind on late nights and unbearable heat throughout the day.

While one could typically find you and Alex close together, it wasn't the case during the summer. He despised the summer heat, far too hot for any body contact besides the occasional kisses he couldn't and wouldn't get enough of.

As you sat on the couch, fanning yourself as you scrolled through the timeline, you heard him let out a whine, clearly annoyed at the way his clothes stuck to his skin, and in need of something to do. He did not want to sit around in this heat any longer.

"I need to get a haircut.." he muttered as he tried to make every hair strand fit under his cap, far from his face and his line of sight. You chuckled before nodding your head in agreement. As much as you liked running your fingers through his hair at night, you knew summertime was hellish, and he'd be heating up even more just because of his hair.

"As much as I hate to say it.. you definitely should get one." you responded as you finally set your phone down and looked over at him. He was already looking at you, sluggishly sitting on the couch.

"Let's do something, please. I can't stand another second on this fucking couch." He whined again as he scoot closer to you on the couch. You let out a small noise of disapproval, you didn't feel like getting up and doing anything. The heat felt like it would kill you if you walked even a few steps.

But seeing the way he was leaning on your shoulder and looking up at you, with the cutest little look on his eyes, silently begging you to take him out of the misery the couch provided.

You let out a sigh before nodding and standing up, to which he gave a small cheer before standing up as well, following suit. It felt as if your clothing were stuck to your body due to all the sweat. Looking over at him now, you took in his whole outfit, which consisted of some shorts and a t-shirt. Even the bare minimum wasn't enough to save you two from burning up.

"How about we go to the beach and get some ice cream?" You suggested, giving him a moment to consider this. He gave a small nod, grateful to be off the couch but immediately getting hit with those strong rays of sun. Hellish summertime.

"That actually sounds great. I bet the water is so cold." He almost purred at the thought of the cold water against his skin, which was heating up with every passing second. You smiled once he verbally agreed to the idea before heading towards your room to get dressed into appropriate clothing and get a towel.

-

After what felt like an eternity, you two had finally gotten everything you needed and headed straight to the beach. Upon arrival, you two searched for a nice place to set your towels down. A place close enough to the water, but not too close.

Alex carefully set the towels down next to each other as he took his sandals off. He was wearing a huge grin on his face, clearly very excited to get into the water. You let out a small laugh, shaking your head as you took your sandals off as well.

"Don't forget the sunscreen, I don't want you burning up on me." You called as you saw him begin to walk off to the water. At this, he nodded before walking back over to you.

You poured a generous amount of the sunscreen onto the palm of your hand before spreading it onto his back and arms. He took some as well and helped you put sunscreen on him before helping put some on yourself too.

Once you were both generously coated, you both headed straight to the water.

It was extremely cold to the touch, almost overwhelmingly cold at first, but it quickly faded away as the harsh sun continued to shine down onto you both. Before you knew it, you and Alex were swimming around, splashing each other, and seeing who could hold their breath the longest underwater.