Prologue

<action>

'Thinking'

Inner dialogue

-------------------------------------------------

The massive high school towers over all the other buildings in this bustling urban area. It's like the school stands at the center of the entire world.

It brings in top students from every field imaginable. A government-funded school of privilege. They say that if you come here and manage to graduate, you'll be set for life. With hundreds of years of tradition, it sends the cream of the crop into the workforce every year. It was built to raise hope in the nation's future. Which makes Hope's Peak a pretty fitting name.

There are two things you need to attend this school... One, you have to already be attending high school. Two, you have to be the very best at what you do. No ordinary student could enroll here. The only way in is if you're scouted by the school itself.

And standing there at the gate of the ultimate school filled with the ultimate students...

...was us.

'Before we go any farther, I guess I should introduce myself. My name's Makoto Naegi'

Makoto Naegi

Ultimate lucky student/???

Well at least As you can see i want to look average, I'm nothing but a hopelessly attention attracting high school student. Unaverage on the outside and the inside.I really don't have much going for me when it comes to being average, even personality. I mean yeah, I seem normal or whatever. So I can't even say I'm your "everyday civilian" type. That's just who I am.

Anyway, I figure it's always good to introduce yourself right off the bat. But if I have any kind of "average talent" so to speak... I'd say I'm a little more "Average" like other people.

I mean look at me. I'm completely unordinary, but still... Here I am, standing in front of the everything but unordinary Hope's Peak Academy.

'I still can't believe I'm standing here. I wonder if someone like me can survive in such a normal place like this...'

'Suck it up and go inside! I wanna see the pretty ultimates!'

???? ????

Ultimate ???/ultimate lucky student

'Oh yeah I should have mentioned I have a split personality that knows way too much..

What you have to understand is... Well, let me just tell you about the "preparation" he did last night to get us ready for today.'

Hope's Peak only invites those students who are truly elite in their field. It's such a popular topic, there are threads online dedicated to talking about the school's attendees.he looked up some of those threads. And all he saw was talk about "ultimate'' students, who were way below your unaverage high schooler.

For example, one incoming student is the "Ultimate Pop Sensation." I guess she's a high school girl who's also the lead singer for a pop group famous all over the country.

There's also the "Ultimate Baseball Star." He was the cleanup hitter for the national high school champs. Pro teams already have their eyes on him.

Then there's the "Ultimate Fashionista." She's been on the cover of tons of fashion magazines. She's what every high school girl wants to be.

Oh, and they mentioned the "Ultimate Biker Gang Leader." The scary thing is, he's the de facto leader of every biker gang in Japan. Gangs everywhere love the guy.