Matilda

Matilda's POV

Ever since I can remember I've been a carefree wild child. First to try everything. I did everything before my friends did it. I'm not  necessarily ludicrous, but I could definitely be categorized as  puerile.

My room has always been my comfort. Beautifully neat, tidy and organized. Everything in its place.

I cavort into my school and to my little group of friends. Including my friend Johnny. Johnny is my rock. He's also a stud. With his brown curly hair and almost black eyes and leather jacket. He's to die for.

I run my hand over his smooth jaw and cleft chin. He kisses me passionately in the hall. He doesn't care if people judge us. It makes me admire him and feel braver.

His group of friends come over. They're a rough looking group, with leather jackets, tattoos, and cigarettes hanging from their mouths. They're tight though.

Brad, the nerdier one of the group is my friend. He and I talk about our homework assignments while the rest of the guys rough house.

"Let's go" Johnny says suddenly. I look down the crowded hall at kids headed to class.

"I have class, you go" I peck him on the cheek and attempt to walk to class.

"Don't be a bitch tildy" Johnny grabs my arm and starts walking towards the exit.

Oh well, I guess I'm missing class today. Johnny reminds me that I'm not some good two shoes and makes sure I don't become boring.

_________time jump________

Johnny promised to get me back for my last class and he did. I walk through the crowded halls. Why do they make schools so depressing? We might actually enjoy ourselves if the buildings were less depressing.

My last class today is Math. I'm actually okay at math even without trying. I enjoy math. Something about working a problem and finding a solution. Especially imaginary numbers. It's irony I'm good at finding fake solutions for things.

My only competition is some girl who sits in the back with me. She and I compete for first place. She actually studies though. I'm sure she has some rich family that can hire tudors. The teacher begins to write a problem and the board and I almost immediately have the answer. I don't raise my hand though. That's not my jam.

Class is over and people begin to flood out of the school. I look for Johnny, he's my ride. Unfortunately, it looks like he already left without me. I start my trek home. I live in a nicer area, if that's even possible in my crappy little town. Barely anyone makes it out of here. Anyone who does, leaves.

The best income for our town is some fancy college situated on a hill. It brings jobs, and new people into our otherwise useless town.

I stop at the pharmacy. It's a sketchy little place, if you have money, they don't ask you for your ID or prescription. The bell rings as I open the ancient door.

There's a guy in a hood and sunglasses stuffing something into his pocket, there's also duke drugs and some kid buying a lollipop.

I take what I need from the shelf and give it to the cashier who doesn't even glance up. Luckily I have just enough to buy what I need.

I smile at the little girl and exit the shop.

The street I live on isn't bad, it's a bunch of houses that used to be nice and the owners still try. It's a lot of old people. We, unlike most areas, have a lot of large trees in the yards despite being within walking distance of downtown.

My house is average sized. The yard is overgrown, the paint peeling, and the door sticks. But it's home.

When I get home it's almost dark, of course my dad is working, and my mom is passed out in her room. I wouldn't be surprised if she ODded one day.

I throw my bag onto my blue comforter.

My room was average size room is messy. Between Johnny and school, my schedule stays pretty busy.

I take out my English books, my laptop, and my many pens then begin working on a research report that's due in a week. I hear a knock on my window, I ignore it.

I'm glad I chose a good topic, the effects of human movement on the environment. I don't consider myself a smart or passionate person. The environment, has been something I've taken a particular liking to researching.

If I thought I would make it through college I would go for something like environmental science. Or marine biology. But I doubt I'll go to college. No one in my family has ever gone to college.

Another knock sounds from my brittle window. These are not energy efficient windows.

Satisfied with the amount of work I've done I shut my laptop and begin to brainstorm on loose leaf paper.

The sound of banging startles me. I swivel on my chair to see Johnny sitting by my window looking especially angry. Usually I answer right away.

I brush hair behind my shoulders. I open the window which emits a loud squeak. It doesn't really matter since my mom is passed out.

Suddenly remembering my purchase from the pharmacy I rush into the bluish bathroom and stash it behind some towels in the cabinet across from the sink.

"Babygirl" Johnny calls from my room.

He looks hot sitting with his hands behind his head and leaned against my headboard.

"You look hot" he looks me up and down.

I can feel my cheeks grow hot. I look down at my feet. Yep my feet those are good. Even after being his girlfriend for nearly a year, he still makes me feel bashful. Only him though.

I suddenly remember my unfinished report sitting on my desk.

"I've got a report, you can hang out though" I sit at my desk and Johnny looks surprised.

I start writing again. Getting lost in my thoughts. I feel wet lips on my neck.

"What're you doing?" I turn my head slightly towards Johnny.

I feel him smirk against my neck before he replies "You look really hot"

I hum and continue writing.

After a few minutes Johnny sighs. "You're really determined to write this huh? Even though it's pointless. You know we're getting married when we're old enough"

"Yep. I haven't decided if I want to go to college yet" I feel a little peeved he assumes I'm not going to college.

"Alright then" he stiffly replies and out the window he climbs.

I finish my outline and writing in extra notes before turning to my chemistry homework.

I finally finish at nine. I brush my teeth, change into my tank top and shorts and flop into bed. I turn on my tv to Netflix.

I watch The Queen's Gambit until eleven. Deciding to have an early night, I turn off my buzzing phone and fade into the darkness.

In the dark I can be important and fantasize about things I can only do in my dreams.