So coffee?

Caroline's (Ro) POV:

The little hammer hit the silver bells of my alarm clock making me jump out of bed. That's why I got this alarm clock, it forces me to wake up. I squint at my clock even though I set it yesterday. Five thirty. Yep same time I set it for yesterday.

I thrown off my heavy comforter and slip out of bed. My entire body felt dry. The air felt dry. I always feel like that in the morning though. I passed across my room in my socks to my bathroom.

My door made a squeak as I opened it. I did the routine I've always done. Wash my face, acne cream, and lotion. I peered at my greasy looking face in the mirror. I always feel the need to stare at myself in the morning.

Stripping from the PJ's I neatly folded them and put them in the corresponding drawer. I grabbed my undergarments some jeans and a hoodie.

Looking out the window I see the decrepit house next to mine. The paint is peeling, the shingles loose, the yard overgrown and full of rubbish. Just like always.

I don't know why I still find it distasteful. I've lived here for seventeen years and yet I still haven't gotten used to the disorder. My room is in stark contrast to the landscape outside my window. Neat, orderly, almost weirdly orderly.

When I'm upset, I clean my room.

Returning to the present, I grabbed my current reading book from my black book bag. I check to make sure all my school books are in it, along with my homework.

Still in my socks, I ballerina walk, as to not make noise, down the hall a few steps and unlatch the window.

I look over my shoulder down the stairs to make sure no one is coming up them. Who would be up at 6 am anyway? I slide the window open, it utters a quiet complaint before going silent.

I step off the landing of the stairs and out onto the cold metal roof.

With the sun's rays barely peeping over the trees, the morning due is still present making the roof slippery. I'm used to it by now though.

I bask in the quiet morning and take in the scenery. The rolling hills look stoically upon the town. A graveyard sits, barely seen upon the crown of one of the hills. A rut filled parking lot sits just past my almost non existing yard.

I sit and begin to pour over the small paperback labeled "the adventures of huckleberry Finn"

—————- time jump! Brought to you by your ever lovely and lazy author!———————————————

I slide huckleberry Finn into my book bag and sling it dramatically over my shoulder. Darting down the steps, my sneakers make light thumping noises as I go down the steps.

I yank open the door as dramatically as possible, only to turn around and lock it.

As per usual I walk to school.

I like walking to school because it gives me a sense of peace as I walk there. Even with my sketchy neighborhood, the disorder, something about the quietness of the morning helps me to prepare for the day ahead.

I enter pass over the brownish green lawn of the school to the parking lot. The asphalt emits a warm feeling even though it's chilly outside.