Chapter 16: Unmatching Reality

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview Icelands Kingdom: Permafrost Castle.

-Taehyun's POV-

I returned home after spending the day with Julie. When I rode back to the castle, I thought about everything that happened this evening. Many emotions came in like a hurricane. And honestly, I didn't know how to control all of them at once. Luckily, Julie was there with me to comfort me. She made it look so easy, and I want to suppose that she has some experience with difficult situations. I'm grateful that I met her in these stages of my life. After all, I feel so lonely whenever I think about the friends I have. Jisung is the only one that pops out in my head nowadays. Since the princes aren't here with me, it has been hard to communicate with one another.

A few moments ago, I arrived at the castle. Nobody was around, and it seemed that my parents slept early this time. I got so lost inside my thoughts that I immediately went towards my room and ignored everything around me. Right now, I'm still looking at the bookshelf, reading the titles of the different history books I grabbed from the royal library.

I will never find the real story within these books. I can never know about the Four Realms Agreement if I study hard, become a mighty sorcerer, and investigate myself.

The words Julie told me earlier this evening hit my thoughts immediately. So, I left the book in my hand beside the other ones, and then I sat down on the edge of my bed. I took a deep breath before closing my eyes, resting my arms under my head.

-Ah Jul. Julie. Nae Julie. Why did you worry so much for me when I told you about Hazel? Is it so evident that I once loved her? – I questioned before opening my eyes, staring at the white ceiling. Then, I slightly tilted my head, thinking that something is missing. So, I moved my finger and drew a snowflake, shortly tapping on it. In a matter of seconds, subtle snow began to fall from the ceiling, making me smile slightly more.

-I'll move on. – I sighed as I felt my eyes feeling wet. I smiled while sobbing and chuckling at the same time. I'm still looking at the snow falling from the ceiling, not knowing how to control or hold in this emotion. -Love hurts. Doesn't it? – I stuttered before turning into a small ball, holding my legs tight against my chest.

A blue dream, deep into the maze within memories. The divinity ice power grants the mischievous prince to heal and reborn.

It didn't take me long to find some sleep. Somehow, my thoughts vanished, and my eyes closed within seconds. I felt like someone put a sleeping spell on me, but it wasn't the case. Right now, I have a strong afterthought that is telling me to wake up. So, I listened to myself and opened my eyes, blinking sometimes afterward.

-What in the world? – I mumbled while looking around me, a pitch-black night without stars in the sky. I'm standing on a field with flowers, and some glowing butterflies are flying through the place. And a mysterious melody is playing in the background.

My words couldn't describe this strange but ethereal prairie. The looks of it are taking my breath away, and at the same time, sending shivers through my spine. Then, I quickly realized that I'm inside a dream, but one that feels particularly real. Despite the risk, I began to move forward while keeping my eyes open, not wanting to miss anything. But suddenly, I stopped as soon as I saw Julie through the distance, and she wasn't alone.

-Hazel? – My expression changed when I saw her, and I felt a cooling sensation over my body. Briefly, I noticed that the divine power activated, and a blue, glowing path appeared in front of me. I followed it until I crashed against something, but when I raised my head to see what was in front of me, nothing appeared.

Carefully, I straighten my hand to the front, eventually meeting an invisible wall. It looks like a confusing spell, and it's messing my head; however, I got driven away from my inquiries when I started to hear Hazel's voice.

-Take care of the prince. He has two flaws that cannot get erased from who he is; however, I believe there can be some improvement. – Hazel spoke while facing Julie.

-You are significant to the prince. So, I hope you won't go hard on him in the letter you wrote. – Julie worriedly spoke.

-There are things that I had to tell Taehyun, and those define our different paths. – Hazel claimed.

-I understand, but the prince needs to stay focused on what might come our way. – Julie said, speaking soberly.

-The Four Realms Agreement shouldn't get mentioned again; however, all current princes are investigating it, not minding the impact that the truth may have on the continent. – Hazel spoke, which Julie nodded for in response.

-Far Lands won't be the same. Destiny chose it that way. – Julie disclosed before crossing her arms, briefly walking around in circles.

-Nae Julie, you are becoming thoughtful. What is it? – Hazel asked.

-There might be more to the story. The kingdoms are innocent until proven the opposite. – Julie claimed. As soon as Julie ended her words, flames appeared around the place. -Hazel, go away! Now! – Julie ordered, which Hazel hesitated to obey, but briefly left.

Julie stayed there while the flames started to become taller by the second. My breath quickened as I noticed that she didn't try to escape, but there's when I saw a man walking through the flames, shortly facing Julie.

-Father! – Julie gasped as soon as she stared at the man.

-You didn't have to ruin it all, Julie. But I guess you never understood my vision. – Julie's father spoke before taking a deep breath. -I won't hurt you because we are family, but someone else will take revenge for me. – Her father said before walking away, disappearing through the smoke.

-Father! – Julie shouted but didn't hear any reply. But then, when she turned around, Julie met with someone else. -Young Lin! – Julie's eyes widen, this time stepping away from him.

I closed my hands into fists as soon as I saw Young Lin unsheathing his sword, ready to attack Julie. There was nothing I could do; I'm still on the other side of the invisible wall.

-Get away from me! I don't want to hurt you! – Julie spoke while backing away, almost crashing against the flames.

-Julie! – I shouted as I began to hit the wall. -Julie, run! – I repeated, looking through the distance how Young Lin continued to approach her.

Eventually, the wall vanished, and I was free to leave. Without hesitation, I ran towards Julie's spot, hoping to reach her in time.

-Ah Jul! Ah Jul! – I shouted, feeling like the distance would never end. In the meantime, I could see Julie almost falling on the fire, causing my tears to drop. -Ah Jul, watch your back! – I desperately yelled, the everlasting distance not letting me get closer to her.

The unmatching reality can hurt, but the strange dreams and the deepest fears can break any last drop of harmony. A blue, raw fantasy won't speak the truth and can't entirely show lies. The mischievous heir has to define desires from love; and reality from imagination.