Act 1: Chapter 6

Heavy Mortal Hopes

Riven wasn't really like this when he first entered Alfea. He was what you can classified as nerd. He liked studying and he loved rules but doesn't know how to create friends.

But some things are bound to change. In just a matter of one summer, he changes so much to the point that you won't recognize him. Even Terra and Sky who he knew for a long time felt like he wasn't the Riven they knew. He seems like a completely new person.

With his new found addiction comes his new interests and one of those things is breaking rules.

At midnight, when it's already curfew, Riven and Beatrix snuck out to the other side of barrier just to smoke.

"What's with you and hanging out outside of the barrier?" Beatrix had asks when they were walking a couple miles away from the barrier.

Riven shrug, finally finding a smooth boulder that they could use to sit down, "Rules doesn't apply here."

Beatrix followed, seating beside him, "We're technically breaking the rules because we snuck out past curfew and we even walk out of the barrier."

Riven smirked, light up the cigarette he got from his pocket, "So little miss history nerd is afraid of punishment,"

Beatrix rolled her eyes and return the smirk, "Bold of you to assume that I'm afraid of something." She then snatched the lit cigarette from Riven's grasp.

"You're the only first year that isn't lame." Riven stated, his eyes hooded with lust as he watch Beatrix blow out the smoke.

"Yeah? How 'bout Astra?" Beatrix asks.

"She's hot and really beautiful but she doesn't know how to have fun." Riven answers, leaning in for a kiss but Beatrix playfully leaned back to avoid his lips.

Riven looks confused and was about to speak when Beatrix suddenly said, "I haven't seen her since breakfast and she skipped all of the classes."

"Didn't her sister asked for help?" the lad inquired, exhaling the smoke from his mouth.

"It's curfew, Riv. She should be at the suite 3 hours ago." Beatrix remarked, snatching the stick again and taking a long drag out of it.

Riven shrug his shoulder, "Might be staying over her sister's suite. You know, like girls always like to do." he put his arm around Beatrix's shoulder, "Bea, there's a lot of possibilities. Don't worry about her, worry about me." he murmurs the last sentence to the lass' ears before nipping it.

Beatrix let her magic ran through her fingers and onto Riven's bare hands, sending a low voltage but enough to make him flinch and let go, "Ouch! What was that for?!" the lad winces.

Beatrix smirks, mockingly putting her fingers on her red lips and whispers, "Shhh, there's a burned one out there. You don't want getting their attention, don't you?"

"You should've just pushed me away!" he hissed.

"Where's the fun on that?" Beatrix mused.

Riven was about to retort but for the nth time today, he was interrupted but this time, it wasn't Beatrix who did it but the rustles of the grass, as if someone's walking on them.