CH 1: No Denial

WARNING: Slightly triggering content ahead.

________________________________________

***KIRIGUN MANSION***

The old man of the house, Pharm Kirigun, was sitting in the garden with a contented smile. He was reminiscing his youth. The days he was fearless. The days he was feared. The days he could be careless. The days he still had his lovely husband by his side. How he would be sitting in his husband's warm and caring embrace in the morning, listening to the birds chirp sweetly as they announced the beginning of a new day. How their son would be running around committing mischief in this very house.

He was remembering the day when his son first brought his lover home. When he had his first grandson. Then the second. Of how his cutely handsome face was now all wrinkled, the blame goes to age. Of how he had to see his husband for the last time on his deathbed. How even his son and son-in-law bid their farewell to the world. And how it was only him and his two teenage grandsons left in this huge place.

Then came the days when they were trying to be the chirpy family they used to be. But it could no more be the same for the three people who had left them to never return ever again. The day when his elder grandson, Thorn, came out as straight. But he accepted it. Thorn brought in his girlfriend, Amp, to the family. and she was the angel who helped them better the silence and gloom of this household. But his younger grandson seemed not to be having any luck in the department of love.

He sighed at the thought of the young man who had become too cold after not having a lover for once in his life. And how he had nothing but one-night stands on any day of the week. Tharn had become the cold-faced person who never once forgave or had any pity ever since he took charge to lead their syndicate. Though elder, Thorn did not opt to lead as he was afraid people might think of their clan as crazy and weak for having a straight man as their leader. He rather let his younger brother take the position and stay as the second in command.

"Drowned in nostalgia again, old man?" Pharm heard someone ask him. He snapped his face to his grandson. The man was tall and heavily built. Fair and smooth skin. The dark brown hair falling on the side of his forehead. His piercing dark yet glowing eyes that he got from his dad. The perfectly sculpted nose. The thin yet somehow plump pink lips. The veiny arms were buried in the pockets of his trousers. That for you, people, was Tharn or as the world knows him, Thara Kirigun.

"Now you remember this old man, huh, you punk? Come sit with your grandpa," Pharm said, patting the seat beside him. Tharn walked up to his grandpa and sat beside him as he relaxed his back on the backrest and closed his eyes, feeling the cool morning breeze hit his face gently as his head rested on his grandpa's shoulder. "I was thinking of the day your dad introduced your papa to us," the grandpa smiled nostalgically at his grandson. Tharn smiled at his old man, "What details did you recall this time?"

For the world, he was the ruthless and unforgiving mafia king. The man you better not mess with. He could kill you for just annoying him. He would never forgive those who made mistakes. He was a man with no compassion or pity. A man with no feelings. A man whom no one knew if he had any vulnerability in him. The most dangerous man in the whole continent. But with his family, he was still the man he truly was. The man he had kept as a secret from the world to not be underestimated. To not be looked down upon. The man who had a vulnerable side to him too. The man who had his own share of secrets and history. The man who had feelings too. Someone who cared, but happened to be not so good at showing it.

"Grandpa did you take your medicine?" a woman's voice chimed in. The only lady in the whole household, Amp. She walked to the two men and sat in the seat parallel to them. She held the old man's wrinkled hand as she massaged it gently, soothing him. "Here comes my princess," Pharm smiled affectionately. He was so grateful for Amp to have become a part of this family. She was the one who helped Thorn out of his depression when his parents had just died. She was the only one who could calm him. The only one who could make the three men smile and lighten the tension in this house. She helped them keep this place a home and not just a huge mansion where some humans reside.