one

°

ONE | 1——————————

ONE | 1
——————————

it was the first day of junior year at mystic falls high school. laurie blake was getting ready in her bedroom while talking to her friend caroline forbes. caroline always needs to ask what laurie is wearing for school so her outfit isn't too much.

"so what are you wearing?" caroline stated through laurie's blue mobile phone while she was flipping through her closet. her friend always says you have to look good on the first day or you're gonna be ugly for the rest of the year, which didn't make sense at all to laurie.

"i was just gonna wear my jeans" laurie replied. she didn't really care about her outfit, laurie just wanted to go to school so she can come back home and do nothing.

"what! no. I want to wear my new blue dress I got last week. please wear a dress or something more interesting than jeans. please" she pleaded. laurie knew the dress she was talking about. they had gone shopping last weekend for school clothes.

"ugh! fine but i'm wearing my pink skirt with my white top ok?" laurie didn't enjoy wearing dresses, you would only see her in one rarely. plus she just wanted to please caroline so she could get ready.

"yay! ok I will come and get you in 10" caroline cheered as they hung up the phone. caroline always drives laurie to school most of the time because she doesn't want to ask her dad for his car.

once laurie had gotten dressed, she made her way to her kitchen where her dad was making them breakfast. her mother had died when she was fourteen. it was pretty hard for them but they do what they can.

"hey pumpkin, want some pancakes?" jim smiled at her while flipping a pancake onto a plate as his daughter nodded. pancakes were one of the things her dad could cook properly. laurie did love pancakes, with maple syrup. "on the phone to caroline?"

"yeah. she should be here in any second" laurie responded as she stuffed her mouth full of pancake. her father moved to sitting across from her with a plate of pancakes for himself. "do you have a council meeting today?"

"no, not that i know of. i-" before jim could continue, the pair heard caroline's car horn roar from outside. "that's caroline"

laurie stuffed the last bite of pancake into her mouth as she got up and put her empty plate in the sink. she walked back over to her dad and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "love you, bye"

she ran out the door to be met with caroline beeping at her. laurie quickly jumped into her car. "i wasn't even late care"

"i know but you know i can't be late on the first day" her friend groaned as she pulled out of laurie's driveway. "so, do you think elena is going in today?"