fifteen

taeyong watched as johnny flung a dart right into the heart of the board.

"so she rejected you the first time," the tall male trailed, not even bothering to look at jaehyun, "but accepted you later on?"

"weird, right? i don't know what the sudden change in heart was but either way i'm grateful." jaehyun went over to the board, removing a dart before tossing it himself.

yuta chuckled, shaking his head of auburn hair. "you must really like her."

jaehyun shrugged, cheeks dimpling at the thought of his crush. "i guess so."

"we're talking about cho eunjung, right?" taeyong cut in, a bit shocked that the girl hadn't mentioned this to him.

jaehyun nodded, eyes crinkling into a soft smile upon hearing her name. "she's in our sociology class, she sits in front of you."

"you guys are going on a date?"

"yeah, after class tomorrow."

taeyong felt a strange twist in his stomach and pondered an explanation for the jealousy he was feeling.

he was certain that he didn't deserve her friendship. he lied to eun, and was still doing so even now. and yet, he couldn't ignore the annoyance bubbling in his stomach after hearing about her upcoming date with jaehyun.

taeyong came to a conclusion. the best thing for both parties was for taeyong to take a step back, and put some distance between the two of them.

"congrats," he hummed, giving his friend a clap on the back.