foreword / copyright

Copyright © 2020

dear draco, pt. 2

All Rights Reserved.

The story of Harry Potter and all its characters belongs to J.K. Rowling.

I do not support J. K. Rowling.

This is an alternate ending to dear draco. If you wish to take the ending of dear draco as it is, that's fine! This story is for the people that asked me for a sequel after being very upset by the first book.

Foreword:

This is a post-war fic. It is not strictly necessary to read dear draco, before this story, as the two stories are quite different. dear draco, pt. 2 includes references to scenes and events in dear draco, but I think it is possible to get by without having read it.

If you haven't read dear draco, or need a recap, here's what you need to know:

Isobel Young is alive after the Battle of Hogwarts, isolated in the north of England. No one knows she is alive except for her mother, Maggie. Isobel doesn't know that she dated Draco Malfoy.

Another few things I wanted to mention:

1. I update every Friday. The only translations I have approved can be found in a list on my profile. I have not read any of these translations, but I am in communication with the translators. If there is ever an issue regarding a translation, please message me.

2. If there exists a translation of this story that is not in that list, I have not approved it.

3. Should you read a translation (of dear draco, or any story), please be mindful of the work that goes into translating. These writers cannot be expected to start translating the minute I upload each chapter, they have their own work schedules.

4. This story relies on Rowling's characters & the Wizarding World. However, there may be some diversions from the world that Rowling created; some things that I have changed to better suit this story. For example: Obliviate in the Harry Potter movies is reversible, but in the books it is not. In this story, I've changed it ever so slightly to suit my own narrative. It's fanfiction; not everything will strictly adhere to canon :)

5. The cover was made by the queen of Wattpad covers, thefallofartemis

Some trigger warnings you may want to watch out for:

- Themes of death, illness & grief

- Some mature language

I think that's all of the trigger warnings, but please contact me if you can think of another that should be included.

Also, I just wanted to say that the reason I started to write this sequel was because dear draco, blew up unexpectedly and I was suddenly responsible for a lot more tears than I had anticipated. I wrote dear draco, five years ago and there is little hope to be found in the ending. I understand only now how damaging that may be. This story can be viewed as a sequel or an alternative ending, whichever you prefer.

I'm done now!! I hope you enjoy this story.