🤍norton x reader : smile

fluffy af... some angst at the start but too sad 2 write sad things rnƪ˘)ʃ
she/her reader! (i'm better at writing with she/her pronouns but i might try they/them in my next one maybe?)

y/n's pov
i yawned as i rested my chin on my hand. we were all waiting for the match to start, by we i mean: me, kevin, freddie and... norton.
i had the FATTEST crush on norton and have ever since i got to the manor. even when he looked at me my cheeks flashed a bright red. how was i supposed to play a match like this ?!
usually i have martha here to help me get my shit together... at least fiona isn't here all she does is tease me which is even worse..
kevin was chatting on about girls and norton was staring into space.
"i wonder what map.. we have... yawns today..?" i said sleepily.
norton chuckled and i blushed, "i'm hoping sacred heart hospital im tired too.." he said.
suddenly the name of the map popped up and my face dropped. i saw the smile on norton's face fade..
golden cave.

the game started soon after and i forgot completely about ciphers, the hunter and immediately went to find norton. seeing as i was an assist he should be close to me... hmm.

norton's pov
my feet moved for me... curse this stupid map. it felt like a real life nightmare. it didn't feel real...? i shook off the gross feeling and started to think about y/n. i hope she doesn't get found first, i strolled over to the cipher hoping to god that the hunter was friendly.
suddenly i heard freddy shout "the hunter is near me!" fuck. because i could hear him i started to run the opposite way, i saw y/n in the distance not paying attention to where she was running. just as she was about to run into me i picked her up and she snapped back to reality. "huh?! oh! n-norton?!" her cheeks were a shade of pink and she closed her eyes out of embarrassment. i laughed, "come on the hunters over that way let's go" i said grabbing her hand and running.
after running for a while i saw y/n's facial expression change, she looked terrified. "NORTON WATCH OUT!" she said quickly running in front of me and taking the hit from the hunter (jack) instead of me... Quickly, i launched a magnet at jack and stunned him. y/n started running after making sure i was fine.
Y/N GO FIND SOMEONE TO HEAL YOU I CAN KITE FOR A WHILE!" i shouted and she nodded before turning a different direction and yelling "help me!" to let kevin and freddie know she needed healing.

jack was soon close to me once again, i quickly threw a pallet down in his face just missing his foggy blade.
my breath hitched as i just vaulted fast enough, jack growled from behind me.
"fuck.." i mumbled realising there was no more pallets left. i dodged another blade and threw a magnet down which he walked into.

y/n's pov
my heart thumped, norton had been containing for quite a while now... i wonder if he's okay...
i was decoding with kevin now because he decided faster with a girl and we only had one cipher left.
"kevin i can prime it if you want!" i said breathlessly.
"sure princess" he winked. i sighed and primed the cipher so one touch and it'd be popped !
now we wait until norton gets downed...

norton's pov
"cipher machine primed!" i breathed a sigh of relief when i heard y/n shout those words.
i had been containing for about 230 seconds.. yikes
i needed to be downed soon or the others will get crows and he could teleport... hmm
suddenly, my prayers were answered when i saw the mine cart. in one swift movement, i was in the cart. jack swung and i was downed, and of course the cipher was immediately popped. "thanks y/n!" i shouted smiling whilst getting up.
Now.. i could take a risk and go in the cart quickly to the bottom gate but what if they're at the top gate.. i decided to go on the cart anyway.
jack was chasing after me but of course couldn't beat the fast mine cart. Memories flashed through my head as i went down the track.
i needed to get out... i needed to check on y/n.

y/n's pov
we had opened the bottom gate together and kevin continued to flirt with me continuously. my hands were shaking, waiting for norton to come out..
"w-what's that noise?" i asked suddenly hearing a rattling noise.
"is that the mine cart??" freddie asked.
and to our surprise, norton came quickly in the cart smiling once he got to us. "norton!" i ran to him and hugged him, immensely blushing,,,
"y/n... oh shit we gotta go" he said grabbing my hand. kevin and freddy ran out of the gate first then we quickly followed.
"thank you for waiting..." he whispered.
"it's okay i couldn't just leave you after you contained that long!" i smiled at him , happy we got out.

"y/n... you have the prettiest smile" norton said holding my chin. i looked up at him still blushing.
the next thing that happened shocked me. he leaned down and kissed me.