🤍eli clark x reader : kitten

fluff tiem (*ω*)
she/her pronouns !

eli's pov
i paced around the carpet in my room, muttering to myself. my owl, brook, could hear my anxious voice and flew over to land on my left arm. "oh hello dear..." i mumbled.
the reason i was so anxious was because i was going to ask out y/n on a date. she had arrived at the minor at the same time as me and ever since then... we'd were the best of friends. y/n was very beautiful... cute e/c eyes, long/short h/c hair... and the prettiest, most wholesome smile ever..

my plan was to take her to to the farm part of the manor,  i set up a small picnic with some of her favourite foods and drinks. brook was going to help me to guide her there too! all i had to do now was find norton, he was in on it too.

y/n's pov
i sat in the kitchen next to norton who was a lot more talkative than normal, we were sitting on two tall stools with a plate of chocolate chip muffins emily had baked this morning. it was starting to get dark now and the sun was about to set. i smiled and stared at the talkative boy, "and you'll never guess what naib did next!" he sounded so shocked.
"what did he do!" i exclaimed trying to match his excited energy.
"he fucki-!" suddenly he was cut off by a bird swooping past us. "brook!" i said recognising the sweet creature.
"oops gotta dash!" norton said slipping a piece of paper to me.
i picked up the paper confused.
i read it slowly,

follow brook my dear..

i tilted my head in confusion, my gaze moved over to the small owl and she flew out of the door. i shrugged and followed her out..

after a few minutes of walking i ended up outside near the farm to see a beautifully laid out picnic with f/f, loads of cakes! brownies! and drinks! but who... who did this? my eyes scattered all around the picnic, brook sat on her little perch snacking on the seeds laid out in front of her.
i decided to kneel down onto the blanket, still clutching the piece of paper norton dropped earlier... was this norton who did this? i love norton but.. as a friend of course.. i wonder who would..
"y/n..." my thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice.
"e-eli?!" i snapped my head around to see my best friend. my lips curved into a smile knowing it was him. "d-did you do this?" i asked already knowing the answer.
he nodded and blushed slightly.
Eli sat down next to me, staring into my e/c eyes. "listen.. y/n.. i-i know you probably don't like me b-but" he seemed so nervous.
i shuffled over and kissed him on the cheek, "i love you, eli" i whispered.
"i love you too, kitten.." he smiled and held my hand.