XI: but i could never call it quits, i just wanna stay like this

"No one ever got me high like this, set me on fire like this

Running on a wire like this, losing my mind like this

I don't know what it is, but I could never call it quits

I just wanna stay like this

I just wanna stay like this, like this."

Like This, Jake Scott

IMPORTANT A/N: AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! hi 🥺 it's been a while, hasn't it? but i'm so ecstatic to be back with a new chapter for you guys! I'm very sorry it took so long, school has just been kicking my ass (bio major tingz ✨) and trying to juggle writing amongst everything was really hard— it felt like pulling teeth, honestly. But here she is! I just want to preface this chapter by saying that the first part of it takes place in a POV where it's overlooking their entire relationship in the past, present, and future, so it doesn't really have a setting other than in the characters' minds. After that, it picks up right where we left off in ch10 with Y/N falling asleep to Harry's singing. It's sort of like when a movie overlooks the whole plot, then rewinds and starts from the beginning. It's hard to explain, but you guys will understand as you read! I just wanted to clear it up now to avoid any confusion. Again, thank you so much for all your constant love and support for us and for this fic! It wouldn't be what it is without all of you!

word count: 51.5k

content/warnings: nostalgic flashbacks across the SWCU (the Sherlock and Watson Cinematic Universe), the big, "I was so stupid to think I wouldn't fall for her." confession everyone's been waiting for, a bit of insight about Harry's disastrous relationship with Miss Snap Crackle Pop, Harry taking to Google again for advice because apparently that's better than just getting therapy, Master Chef round 5, yoga is the devil's favorite torture mechanism, the rise of dominant!Y/N and jealous!Y/N, Tiktok is actually pretty useful, a Megan thee Stallion cameo, and Harry opening up in his own special way ft. Helpless from the Hamilton soundtrack. basically honeymoon phase fluff galore! oh and internalized angst, guilt, and self-destructive tendencies! have fun!

 basically honeymoon phase fluff galore! oh and internalized angst, guilt, and self-destructive tendencies! have fun!

Harry isn't a serious person.

He hardly takes things seriously anymore, unless it pertains to life and death situations, and considering who— or rather what— he is, those encounters come up more often than he'd like to admit. Nevertheless, he maintains the carefree mantra, because forcing himself to be bland for anything less than apocalyptic is a pastime he'd rather not indulge. And though he was very much the opposite when he was alive— treating everything as if it was of extreme importance, walking on eggshells just to save anyone the trouble of having to clean up a mess he'd made— he behaves in such an opposite manner now for a very specific reason, and he had intended— truly, sincerely intended— to keep it that way for the rest of eternity.