Another One Down

You were just sitting in class listening to the lesson, trying not to fall asleep, because you didn't want to see a certain dream man. It was hard not to fall asleep, though, the teacher had that voice that made you want to sleep. He was boring and the topic of economics was even worse when paired with his voice. Your eyes were trained on the board and you just tried making funny jokes in your head or think of something to keep you awake. 

But, it didn't seem to work as your vision was getting blurry every time you blinked. You took your last blink before you went to sleep and appeared in the dream world. The world around you wasn't colorful. There was a mixture of black, grey, and white's around. It reminded you of an old movie, with the rain slowly coming down from the sky. 

You started walking along the streets, looking around at the dream world around you. You half expected a detective or policeman to come out of somewhere. The rain never stopped, but it never got heavier. In fact, it stayed light. 

   " Help! "

When the voice screamed you turned towards an ally way where a cat was running out of. A lady was following the cat screaming for help, before disappearing on the streets. You didn't want to stick around the ally any longer and kept walking on the streets. You were placed in a city, and it didn't seem to be night or day. There was no indication of time or anything at all.

   " Excuse me, have you seen my sister? She was around here not long ago. "

You turned around and saw a girl around your age behind you. But this wasn't just any girl, it was Cindy, dressed in a 90s outfit. 

   " Cindy? What are you doing here? "

   " I'm sorry but my name's not Cindy. I'm Selena and I'm looking for my sister to take her to the police station. The police said they needed to see her. "

   " Umm..."

   " You must have seen her. "

   " She went that way. " You said pointing in the direction that the woman ran off in. 

   " Thank you! "

Cindy ran off in the direction you pointed in leaving you alone on the streets. You wondered what was going on in this story, but either way, you were going to follow Cindy. You stayed a few feet behind her, so she couldn't see you, but you could see her. She wasn't walking anywhere in particular. It seemed as if she was just following the way your finger pointed. 

Ahead of her, you could see an elderly woman, with a cane, waiting at the crosswalk to get on the other side of the street. Cindy stopped and she tapped the lady's shoulder asking if she needed help crossing the street. The lady didn't answer her or even turn around.

   " You must not have heard me. Would you like some help crossing the street? "

   " ... "

The lady still said nothing, but she did shift her shoulders a little. When she finally did turn around it was quick, and she was pointing a gun at Cindy. She didn't even look like an old lady, but a black figure, with a purple line of light tracing its outer figure. There was a horrifying red grin spread across his face one that you could only see on a scary carved pumpkin. The figure shed the grandmother's clothes they were hiding in and stood up. 

The gun was still pointing towards Cindy, and you hoped it wasn't loaded, even if it was a dream. The black figure had hair, and clothes on but it was all the same black color so you couldn't get any features from the character. There were no eyes and its hand held the gun tightly in its grip. Cindy screamed something horrifying as the man touched the barrel to her head. The figure's finger was laying against the trigger ready to shoot.

   " Wait, stop! " You shouted at the figure. 

You ran towards the two, and the world around you turned into slow motion. Your figure was moving slowly towards the two, and Cindy's tears were falling down her face slowly. The mysterious figure turned towards you and its red creepy smile seemed to turn into a smirk before looking back at Cindy.

   " You're not needed anymore. "

And then it happened. The mysterious dark figure pulled the trigger and Cindy flew back towards a building. Her back hit the building and she laid limp against it with a bullet hole in her head. You stopped running and you could hear your heartbeat in your ears. Your eyes couldn't leave Cindy's slump form, and it couldn't stop the tears from falling down your face. 

   " Cindy..."

You were too distracted that you didn't notice the figure moving. You only unfroze when you felt an arm wrap around you, holding your arms and waist to the figure. Everything still seemed to be in slow motion, as he moved. The figure looked down on you and smiled, and you felt a shiver run up your spine. It raised its other hand up with the gun and put the barrel against your chin; bringing your chin closer.

   " Mine. " It's distorted yet soft voice said.

   " No. I'm not. "

You could hear sirens come from nowhere and a lot of shouting. When you blinked you found yourself back in the classroom waking up on your desk. Your head felt light and fuzzy, but that soon went away when the yelling of the teacher got louder.

   " Everyone get out! "

No one was in the classroom, it was only you. You stood up from the desk and walked to the hallway where you could see students gathering around a classroom further down the hall. You walked to the classroom and stood among your peers trying to see inside. You couldn't see anything so you tried moving closer. Pushing through the swarm of people was no easy feat, but you made it to the front of the swarm.

You tried looking around the teacher, but what you saw made you shake. There was no blood, anywhere on the walls. There wasn't even a speck of dirt. Yet someone had been killed in that classroom you looked into. You knew they were dead because they were slumped in their chair with their eyes to the ceiling and their chest wasn't moving at all. A fly even swarmed around her open mouth, and she didn't move to swat it away. The girl in the desk was truly dead.

   " Cindy..."