Feeling Loved for the First TIme

Today was the day. You could finally leave the hospital and go home. The police officer never came back to visit and your other was quieter. The nurse came in to unhook you from the machines in the room and give you some clothes to wear. She gave you sweatpants, a tank top, and a gray jacket. 

You changed into them quickly and instead of your normal shoes she gave you slippers and walked with you to the elevator. She said goodbye and clicked the button for you to go down to the ground floor. The elevator was quiet and gave your mind room to think. There was just something about Ji-young that didn't seem right to you. Call it being too cautious but it's better than being unprepared. 

   ' In my last dream, he said he understands why Malcolm was so obsessed with my character. He didn't even make a comment about when I said he killed people. And why shouldn't I be able to control y dreams? Their mine. '

The door opened to reveal the ground floor, and allowed you to leave the moving box. You stepped out and started walking to the front desk to sign out of the hospital. The lady at the desk looked at you and smiled as you signed the paper. Once your signature was on the paper you set the pen down and waved to the woman behind the desk. You walked out of the hospital with your hands in your pockets and your head held high.

When you stepped out of the doors to the hospital your mother was waiting in her car in front of the hospital. You walked to the car and climbed into the seat. She started driving away, not saying a word. Your relationship with your other was nothing special, it was nonexistent actually. It only existed when she would ask you to do something or when she had to talk to you. 

The drive was silent and you listened to the radio as your mother drove you home. She said that Laura, Sam, and Jean's families would pay for the car to be fixed since their girls were found to have caused your crash. The sky looked clear, and cars were driving by at fast speeds, defiantly going past the speed limit. Your thoughts were completely away from you and in the clouds, jumping around. It stayed up there so long that you didn't see your house coming into view. 

The car turned off and the engine stopped running. The vibrating left the door and you realized you were home. You opened the door and got out of the car. Your mom was unlocking the door and walked inside, so you followed and locked the door behind you. There were no balloons or streamers celebrating your coming home. 

It filled you with a numb feeling and you walked to your bedroom. You could hear your brother playing video games and it made that numb feeling get bigger. You didn't like it, but you let it stay. You laid on your bed and starred at your ceiling and plugged in your headphones to your phone. You started playing classical music to lure you to sleep, and it worked. 

You looked at your surroundings and saw that you were in a castle. You were wearing a dress and holding a book in your hands. You could hear the music you were listening to inside your dream and you smiled at hearing the music. It was calming, even with the dull feeling still in your chest. 

   " Princess! "

Your eyes widened remembering the voice that called for you. You turned around to see Hugh running towards you. He was wearing a black shirt that was tucked into his white pants. His sleeves were rolled halfway up his arms and he had a red cape on that was fuzzy and looked soft. His green eyes showed happiness as he came towards you and on top of his silver hair was a crown.

He collided with you and hugged you to his chest, spinning you around in the warm hug. He was laughing as he held you. He stopped spinning and kept his arms around you as he kept you close.

   " I've found you! You know wandering around the halls is not how you play hide and seek, you need to actually hide. This isn't tag. "

   " What? "

You looked up at Hugh and his smile diminished from large to small. Concern laced his eyes, but he tried to hide it. 

   " We were playing hide and seek remember? "

   " We were? "

   " Yes, are you alright my princess? "

   " I'm fine, I just forgot what was going on. "

   " Do you know who I am? "

One of his hands caressed your cheek and you felt a blush coat your cheeks. Hugh was really the only person that ever touched you in a romantic way and your body was soaking it up like a sponge. 

   " You're Prince Hugh. You're from the Camin Empire and you've been my best friend for years. "

   " That's almost right, and do you know who you are? "

   " I am Princess Y/n. "

   " What's your last name? "

   " L/n. "

   " You must have hit your head or drank something funny this morning. "

   " Why? "

   " Y/n, you're worrying me. You don't remember our wedding? "

   ' Wedding!? '

   " What? "

   " Y/n we married a month ago. You are now Queen Y/n Windsor. We rule both my empire and yours together, and we've been married for a month now. "

   " But you called me princess. "

   " That is my nickname for you, it always has been. Are you feeling ill? Can I take you to see a physician? I don't like that you're forgetting everything. "

   ' So, this is just a continuation of the previous scenario I had when I was here. Now I'm married to Hugh. '

   " I'm fine, Hugh. I don't need to see a physician. "

   " Are you sure? "

   " I am. "

Hugh's smile was long gone now and his face held a look of worry. You wanted to make him smile so you reached up and caressed his face with your palm. He leaned into your touch further and relaxed in your hand. His hand reached up and held your hand against his cheek. The dull feeling in your chest started disappearing, leaving a new fuzzy feeling. 

He turned his head and kissed your palm and hugged you to him. 

   " I just don't want you to forget how much I love you. I care about you so much, Y/n. I can't even bear with the thought of your forgetting me, so if you're starting to forget things tell me. "

The dull feeling was gone. Now warmth filled your body and you felt wanted. You felt loved.

   " Even if you were to forget I would still love you and try my hardest to win your heart again. So, please don't leave me. "

His hug became tighter and you hugged him back. You felt like you were wanted, not because you could get things for him or because you could be an object to him, but because he genuinely loved you for who you were. Something no one else made you feel.