Blow Up

Bonus for Pride month!

Sorry not all the Flags but these are the mains ones me and my peeps are so... Happy Pride month. Remember you are loved and that an arrow always gets drawn back before it goes flying so just keep aiming.

~Jewels F. Wolf

Happy reading!

_____________

Ra's Al' Goul sat peacefully at his desk when the door burst open. Ra's head shot up immediately. Ren stood in the doorway, Ubo crumpled on the floor groaning. In the boy's hand was a file. A large file. Ren marched in, a dark look in his normally curious eyes. A look Ra' hadn't ever seen. It sent off warning bells. Renegade slammed the file on his desk and waited.

Ra' kept one eye on the boy, as he opened the file and started reading. As he read, deeper and deeper, dread, shock, horror, and finally understanding came over him. Ra' made sure to read all of it, showing Renegade that he did care what the boy demanded him read. He had to admit that all of it looked vary damning. At the end Ra' closed the file, looking up at Renegade.

Ren sucked in a large breath riddled with anger and a rage that hadn't been there before, "Why?"

Now there were many questions that Renegade could ask. Ra' even went over most of the obvious ones but Ren's question was so, open. He wanted Ra' to explain. To make him understand why, "Well, that's a difficult thing to explain."

"Can't grow better if we do the easy things."

Ra' huffed a laugh as his own teachings were thrown right in his face, "When Vandal Savage came to my door with his preposition, I practically jumped on board. He didn't want to destroy the earth, but make it better. Get rid of the corrupt governments. Stop global warming. Those things. But things got stranger and stranger, as time grew on. Lex Luthor, Queen Bee, and Klarion didn't care about the radical choices. I tried my best to stay away from it. Just giving Vandal, Jade and Lawrence to use as my proxies."

Ra' felt his age pile on him under the younger, stronger, and currently learning boy before him. Soon that would change. That boy is his heir. He'd be the one making these decisions, "Renegade. I know what I've done. I've dug my grave long ago. I'm here to teach you not to follow my mistakes."

Ren growled. Really fucking growled at him, "I can't believe you would be such a hypocrite. I really shouldn't be surprised. That's what humans do. They go against everything they say. You of all people should have known better than to work with Savage."

"Renegade, we all make mistakes!" Ra' shouted, slamming his hand on the desk, "Mine just have bigger repercussions."

"Bigger repercussions?" Ren laughed darkly, "Do you know how many innocent people have been killed because of this? How many lives you destroyed?!"

"What are you asking me to do? I can't change the past!"

"Than reshape the future! Right the damn wrongs you've put the League of Shadows and Assassins through!"

"It's not that easy! I can't just say 'I'm done' to the Light. They'll target us. This temple. Our people! I just can't."

"Always easy to make the mess, now you have to clean it up." Renegade snarled, "As heir to the head of the demon, I resent my title to the next available heir. Effective immediately when chosen."

"Renegade, stop, think about what you are doing," Ra' felt panic rise up.

Ren glared at him, "I'm not going to be the heir to an empire that are servants to another. You can go right a head and think you are the king here. But we both know who's pulling the stings, and I'm not going to be a puppet."

Ra' looked up at Renegade with both pride and frustration. This was the boy he raised, since the age of five. The boy he started training personally when he turned ten. A boy that once just slept on the couch, no more than ten feet away, when he had nightmares. But he wasn't a boy anymore, he was nearing his sixteenth birthday.

The older man got up from his chair, making his way around the desk to stand before the young man who was nearly the same hight at himself. Ren looked at him wearily but stood his ground. Ra' put first one hand on the teen's shoulder, than the other.

"Renegade. You are so infuriating. You question everything I've ever done, the moment you arrived here." He could see Ren become slightly worried at the words so he reached up and ran his fingers through the boy's ebony hair, "I've not been the best caretaker at times. Nor the best person to look up too, but I can confidently say I'm proud of what you've become. What you are becoming. I don't know if this is called the teen rebellion faze, but I understand where you stand. As such, I will try and right my wrongs. I might not do it in the best way, I admit this now, but I'll try."

Renegade just looked at him in aw.

"I'm not promising anything. But I'll try to extract myself from the Light, it won't be fast or right away on the other hand. Just give me time."

Ren swallowed, "Why are you listening to me? You'd have beheaded any other person to come through those doors and accuse you like I did. What makes me different?"

"Because, you are my son."

~    ~    ~

Bruce was walking around the ball room without his normal glow. Most noticed this and stayed away. He'd talked with the few he had too. All of them saying how sorry they were about Jason going away to study. But he could see, they were thankful the street rat was gone. Bruce took a deep breath, masking it as a sigh, to control his anger. He did not need to brake a glass with his bear hands right than. He downed the remained contence of the glass, placed it on a tray, and left. He'd been there long enough.

Once at the manor, he went down to the cave, not daring to look at the case just too his right. Putting on his suit and arming himself to the teeth, Batman drove out of the cave. It was the first night of broken bones. Of blood. Of near misses. Of pure reckless abandon. So reckless that a young boy took notice, as he did all nights staring out at the city.

Comments? Vote. Share.