Memories

Bucky had managed to escape his battle. He was back at the base. He sat in the chair quietly as he was being spoken to by Alexander Pierce, the new leader of Hydra. 

         "There was a man, he called me something. He knew me. I knew him." Bucky spoke quietly to Pierce. "The girl knew me too...who are they?" He asked. Remembering the look on Alexandra and Steve's faces.

         "You met them on a previous mission." Pierce explained. Bucky frowned and closed his eyes, he was still trying to figure out who they were. Were they friends of his? Pierce ordered to have his memory erased. Bucky started breathing heavily, knowing the pain that was about to come. They gave him his mouthguard. He closed his eyes and visions of Alexandra and Steve's faces flew past his memory. He felt the electricity hit his veins. He cried out in pain as the memories vanished. 

        Alexandra was underground at some hidden facility. She was getting treatment as was Natasha. They had all learned that Nick had survived the attack on him. Alexandra stood up and walked away from the group. She looked at the mask in her hand. She was still in disbelief that Bucky had survived.
        "Alex? Are you okay?" Steve's calm voice reached her eardrums. She stood with her back facing him as he walked behind her.
        "I don't understand, how did he survive?" Alex frowned as she squeezed the mask.
        "Must have been the serum, it must have saved him from the fall. Alex look, maybe you should go home." Steve spoke quietly. Alex clenched her jaw and spun around to face her dear friend.
        "What? I'm not going anywhere Rogers." Alex gritted her teeth. Steve sighed and took the mask from Alex and looked at it.
        "That wasn't Bucky. He doesn't remember me. Something happened to him and his memories, I'm assuming that Hydra brainwashed him. But Alex, if we face Bucky again. I don't think I'm going to be able to protect you-" Steve started to mention before he was interupted by Alexandra.
        "I don't need your protection! Right before he was scared off by the bomb from Natasha, he looked at you. Like something had clicked in his mind. I think he remembers you. You just need to remind him again." Alex bit her lip holding back tears.
        "He looked scared Steve. You need to help him, we need to help him!" She finally let out. Steve looked at the young girl and smiled at her.
        "Thank you Alex...your a great friend. Now get ready, were in for a hell of a fight." Steve reached over to the girl and gave he shoulder a squeeze. She smiled back at her friend and nodded.
        "Before we do this, your gonna need a uniform." Alex chuckled.

        Alex and Steve arrived at the museum, they had a plan to jog Bucky's memories. Steve was collecting his old uniform he wore in the war. Alex had something else on her mind. She stood infront of the memorial dedicated to Bucky. She looked down at a small brown box beside the memorial. She reached for the lock and squeezed it. It clicked and she took it off. She opened and box and inside were a set of dog tags, not just any dog tags. They belonged to Bucky himself. She reached into the box and grasped the dog tags. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a small jewelry bag and set the dog tags into the bag. Steve grabbed her shoulder and made her jump. She almost screamed until Steve covered her mouth with his gloved hand.
         "Just me, we gotta go! I think security is coming." Steve whispered in her ear. She nodded before she shut the box and the two made their escape. The old security guard rushed in and looked at the opened box and groaned with frustration.
         "I'm definitely fired."