2

23 reads in 3 days, what can I say other than thank you for giving my story a chance :)! please take literally ONE second to vote. 

ONE second

Go on, 

do it nowwww. 

** **

School has always been and always will be, my worst nightmare. It's even worse because Riley doesn't attend my high school so I'm kind of forever alone. But the only thing worth smiling about today was the fact that it was the last day till summer break, then i'd be finally starting year 12! or in other words- college.

It was pretty obvious that I wasn't the only one overjoyed about this fact because half the school weren't even in uniform. Classes were noisier than ever and party invitations were flying everywhere. I, of course, being the most popular girl at St. Richards Grammar school, had invites shooting towards me from all directions. When the bell rang for end of year, I could've sworn my ears popped at the shrieking sound of happy teenagers. People were jumping around, hugging their friends goodbye and making vacation plans all around me. I strut past all this commotion and made my way home.

As Peter, my stepdad, recently started working at a big investment bank on the other side of town, he'd started coming home late so I hadn't seen him in a while. So I was really surprised to see his Range Rover parked outside the house that day.

Mum worked at a school so was probably home by now.  And as for Jay, he's on a gap year so he's practically everywhere.

I walked into the house and instantly dropped my backpack onto the carpeted floor. I glanced into the sitting room to find mum talking at the table in her light American accent. Considering there was no one else in sight, she was probably on the phone.

In the kitchen, I grabbed a carton of fruit juice and isolated myself upstairs in my room as always.

If I may just take your breath away

I don't mind of there's not much to say

Sometimes the silence guides our minds

And moves to a place so far away

I sunk into my bed and allowed The Neighbourhood to surround the room. Just as I was about to shut my eye-lids and fall into deep sleep, there was a knock on my balcony window.

This surprised me as the only person fond of climbing up my window was Riley during the night but I'm pretty sure she would've been more likely to use the front door at a time like this. Nonetheless I scooted of my bed and walked towards the window. I slid it open only to meet eyes with a smirking Summer Parker and the group of other popular kids at school. It took me too long to realise what was wedged between their fingers, but when I did, it was far too late. Before I could retreat I was attacked with raw eggs. I counted about 6 hitting my face and 2 more hitting the back of my head.

They erupted in cheers in laughter as I slid down the walls of my bedroom. I felt a tear roll down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away.

"Thanks for making this year great with your shitty self!" they laughed.

"No seriously MJ, I don't think this year would've been the same without you, loser."

As the tears ran down my cheeks like waterworks, I quickly shut the window so their remarks couldn't be heard anymore.