Part 1

You walked down the busy streets of New York enjoying all the hustle and bustle of city. You occasionally stopped to capture some shots for your personal portfolio. You were a photographer and you loved your job.

The thing about photography was that you can capture a million moments in one picture. It was a magical art that you came to love and perfect.

You moved from your small town to New York to pursue photography. You wanted to be a photojournalist and travel the world. However, all you ended up getting was a job at a beauty, fashion, and lifestyle magazine. You were grateful for the opportunity and you were able to meet awesome people through the job, but your mind was set. But hey, if this was what was going to get your foot through the door, so be it.

You entered the Sheer Magazine building, flashing your ID card, and walking passed security, giving a hug to the head guard, Phil. You waltzed into the elevator, pushing the twelfth button, bringing you to the top floor. After some stops, you arrived to your destination.

You stepped onto the floor and music was blasting from the set room. As soon as you set your bag and camera down, your assistant and friend, Wanda, rushed up to you, "Finally! You're late!"

Confused, you looked at the time on your phone, "I'm five minutes early."

"Yeah, but to Maria, that's five minutes late. Anyway, the models are ready to go, but Steve wants to make sure the outfits work with the lighting."

You took the hairband from your wrist and tied your hair up into a messy bun. This mean you were ready to work, "Alright. Let's do this."

_______________

James Buchanan Barnes, aka Bucky Barnes, typed away on his phone as his driver weaved his way around New York City traffic. He had to be in Manhattan in fifteen minutes, but with traffic, it'll probably take thirty minutes.

Bucky: Gonna be late again.

Wilson: We have a meeting with Fury, dude!

Bucky: I'm sorry! Stall for me!

Wilson: [middle finger emoji]

Bucky: [thumbs up emoji]

Bucky locked his phone and set it aside. He stared at the window, watching people rush by. He gave out a tired sigh. He's been working nonstop and it's finally catching up to him. A short nap wouldn't do any hard would it.

As soon as his eyes shut, his phone dinged, signalling he had a new message. He mentally cursed whoever texted him as he clicked on the message. His brows furrowed at the contents:

Unknown number: Where the hell are you?! I know you think you're some big hotshot model or whatever, but you're not! Maria's looking for you! Get here ASAP!

"What the hell?"