Epilogue

Bucky: good morning, beautiful

You click onto the text to see that Bucky had attached a selfie of him dressed for work, but his hair looking fairly messy.

You giggled and typed out a response:

You: good morning, handsome. something seems a bit off with your hair. :'D

Bucky: it's not agreeing with me today. I think it's mad that you weren't there to fix it up and make it look all pretty.

You: literally all I do is drench your hair with gel and comb it back!

Bucky: I can't seem to get it right :(

You: Well lucky for you, I'm right outside your door.

You pocket your phone and chuckle to yourself when you heard Bucky's footsteps rush to the door and swing it open. You burst out laughing when you saw his messy hair, "Oh my God!"

He gave you a pouty face, "Doll, pleeeaaase help! I have a meeting today and I have an important meeting with Stark today and I can't go looking like this!"

You entered his apartment, pecking his lips, "Don't worry, Buck. I'm here to save the day! Oh, I also got you coffee." you handed him the warm cup.

He groaned in delight, "Have I ever told you how much I adore you?"

"All the time, but not today." you said with a teasing smirk.

He chuckled, "Well I absolutely adore you, Y/N L/N."

"Back at ya, Barnes," you gave him a wink and walked towards his bedroom, "Now let's get that hair of yours to cooperate."

You and Bucky now sat in his car cuddled up to each other as his driver drove through the morning traffic. Bucky pulled out his phone and looked at the date, smiling to himself, "Hey, do you know what day it is?"

"Tuesday?"

He poked your side making you squeal and he laughed, "No, doll. Exactly a year ago, you texted me thinking I was Brock Rumlow."

You looked at him with surprise, "No way! Is it really?"

"Yeah." he opened his phone and scrolled for quite a while until he fell upon the very first text you sent him, "See?" he pointed at the date.

"Holy crap. It's really been a year? That's crazy."

Bucky pocketed his phone and pulled you closer into his embrace, "Did you ever expect this happen after sending those texts?"

You snorted, "No! I don't think anyone does!" you rested your head on his shoulder, "But I'm glad this is what came of it."

He kissed your head, "Same here. I love you, doll."

You smiled to yourself, "I love you too, Buck."