Chapter 1

Well today is my 18th birthday and my parents have been acting a little strange. First things first is when I wake up this morning they weren't there which wasn't normal they are always getting ready for work. When I ask my twin sister Marisa about it she just stares off into space and doesn't answer me which again isn't normal because she always has a lot to say especially since today we are turning 18! About 30 minutes later my parents show up with breakfast. My parents always cook in the morning when I asked them why they said since we are turning 18 we deserve a treat but they looked kinda nervous. They said we didn't have to go to school today and they called work and said they were sick so they could spend time with us. My parents have never missed a day of work what is going on lately. I go upstairs to call my best friend Maggie. "Mag I don't understand what has been going on with my parents they have been acting worried all week." "Kenz relax it's probably nothing just enjoy it you don't have to go to school and it's your 18th birthday you are officially a adult! Your parents are probably just sad you are all grown up." "Yeah your probably right okay thanks." "No prob I love ya girly." Then we hung up. Marisa came in my bedroom all of sudden and said "Makenzie they are coming I can feel it." Then she falls down to her knees and clutches her chest. "Marisa what are you talking about?" I demand and kneel down beside her. "Mackenzie you gotta run as fast as you can you hear me or they will get you" She grabs my shoulders and starts to shake me. "You are making no sense are you sick should you go lie down in bed you don't look so good." She looked as pale as a ghost. She didn't reply just looked out the window and stood up, "It's too late there here." Then I hear my parents scream downstairs.