1

I was awoke by the nerve-racking sound of a Baby crying. I shuffel around in my bed to look at the clock, meanwhile i notice there is no one in bed with me.
Jolein must have gotten up already to look after the kids. Not very suprising to me, Ilove having a big Family and everything but it would be nice to wake up well rested with my wife next to me, starting the Day with a cuddle, or well. 

Groaning i notice it's only 5:28 am. I closed my eyes again for a while, mentally preparing for the day infront of my.
The cying hasn't stopped yet and listening closely ,I could now also hear little steps on the hardwood floor. Seems like the whole band is awake by now. 

Not a second later i already feel someone tugging on by sleeve.
Opening my eyes i am met by Nicklas pleading eyes.
I quickly pull the covers down and sit up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. God, it's way too early for this.
Being a good Dad I reach out of bad and grab Nicklas by the waist. It seems like i tickled him, because suddenly he started giggeling.  

"Morning Buddy, how did you sleep?"
I ask while giving him a Kiss on the Nose. "Mornin pa!"
Smiling at me, he crawls out of my arms across the bed. I pull the covers back up, snuggeling him for another minute.
The house turned quiet again, Jolein probably gave Leo a bottle to make him sleepy. 

"Me had a crazy dream pa", i hear a small voice from under the covers.
"Oh, really Nic, what was it about?", I quietly ask, unable to get myself to open my eyes.
While Nic starts rambeling about some kind of dinosour dream. I just lay there listenining until my alarm went off,  seeing that Nic fell asleep while talking. Rushing to the bathroom as quiet as possible, I start taking of my shirt.

The temperatures have risen rapidly in the last few days. It was only mid May but already around 27C.
Do not get me wrong, I love Summer, being outside all day, wearing less clothing and swimming. Going to the Pool is hands down one of my favourite activities. How can it not? It's the best sport, keeps me in shape all Summer and still it's so much fun. 

 But since it's warm outside I've gotta shower every fuckin morning.
And well, as a Dad of three i really do not have the time for that every Morning.
I start my usual Morning routine with a cold shower, to fully wake up.
Brushing my teeth and shaving my face, I start thinking about Work today.

Firstly I'm gonna have a meeting with my party. As the leader of GroenLinks I know best how much we have to discuss today. The Corona Situation really hit us politicans hard, we definetly were not prepared for a global pandemic. Still we are trying really hard to manage the crisis as good as possible, even if we don't seem to do very well. 

Later today we are going to have a full ass parliament sitting, and well, i was not ready at all. I don't want to complain or anything but i don't have the nerves for all of this.                                         
 Screaming from the kitchen is making me snap back to Reality. Dressing myself in briefs I exist the bathroom and make my way to the kitchen.
Jolein is standing behind the kitchen counter, preparing oatmeals for all of us. She looks tired i notice, dark circels under her tired seeming blue eyes., messy hair and my white shirt covering her upper Body. She looks beautiful though. I slowly approach her from behing placing a kiss on her neck. 

"Morning honey", I whisper into her ear. She flinches away from me, apperently haven't noticed me before.
"No need to be shocked, it's just me", I smile at her.
"Well, no need to scare me this early", she sighns, "Just grab a bowl and feed Nic, he refuses to get ready and I really don't have the nerve for this right now." She hands me a small spoon and a bowl, obviously annoyed and turns away.                                                                                                                                      "Hey, Hey, is everything alright, you seem a bit off today?", this behaviour is not like her at all, I know she is having a hard time with  three kids at home and not being able to work at her restaurant, still she is acting strange today.                                                                                                           
 "We can talk later about this,ok? Just, please,get Nic ready." Looking at her I try studying her face, looking for a emotion but she just blankly stares back at me.