Chapter 10

It had been a couple days since Rayne and Kol made up and things had been going good. Kol had left not long ago to run some errands in town and Rayne was currently sitting on the bed with the vial in her hand, her thumb spinning the ring that was on her index finger. Rebekah had passed the doorway and paused when she saw Rayne with the vial. "Are you still unsure whether you want to do it or not?" She asked as she stepped into the bedroom.

"No, I want to do it, but Kol doesn't believe that I truly feel that way," Rayne tells her with a sigh.

"Only you can make that decision in the end," Rebekah tells her, "But if you need help, I'm here to do so."

Rayne nodded as she looked at the vail again. "How much longer will Kol be gone?" She asked her.

"I think another hour or two," Rebekah told her, she knew he was out feeding as well.

"I want to do it now," she told her as she stood and walked over to Rebekah. "Before he comes back and tries to tell me that this isn't what I want."

Rebekah nodded before she disappeared into the house, quickly returning with a sword. The look on her face told her that it was the sword the Mikeal had used on them when they were first turned. "What better thing to use than the one that was used on us," She said.

Rayne nodded as she looked at the vial one final time. If she were going to back out, now was the time. Without hesitation, she opened the vial and drank the contents. She waited a few seconds to allow the potion to flow throughout her system before she turned to Rebekah. "Okay, I'm ready," she tells her.

Rebekah nodded as she stepped closer to her, the door still standing open. She lifted the sword and plunged it through Rayne's chest just as Kol appeared in the doorway. The room was silent other than the gasps that could be heard from her.

His eyes were wide as they met Rayne's fading ones. She fell to the floor but Kol caught her before she landed. "Rayne? Rayne say something," he begged as he held her, but she didn't answer him. Her hand slowly moved to his before falling limp. He looked up at Rebekah with rage. "Get out! How could you do this to her?!" He yelled. They weren't even positive if the potion worked yet.

"This is what she wanted Kol. I didn't force her to drink it. She stood there and did so on her own free will," Rebekah told him as she turned and left the room. She too had her own worries but she had faith that Rayne was strong enough to be able to make the potion correctly.

Kol had laid Rayne on the bed and started packing her things. If she were to wake up, he didn't want it to be anywhere close to town. He remembered the hunger that he first felt and knew that he wouldn't be able to stop her, especially with the power she will have. He packed himself a bag as well before loading it into one of the cars. He returned to her room where she was still lying motionless on the bed. He didn't remember how long it had taken for him and his siblings to wake up.

He picked up the blanket that she would always sleep with and covered her with it before picking her up and carrying her downstairs to the car. As he was putting her in the car, Klaus walked up beside him. "What happened to her?" He asked. There was anger in his tone but he was shocked by the state she was in. He could smell the blood.

"She took it while I was out and Rebekah helped her," he told his older brother, his voice was cold with no emotion.

Klaus pulled his brother back and shoved him against that side of the car. "You had better not have turned it off, she is not dead," Klaus growled.

"How do you know that? She is not waking up, and you are here so clearly the potion didn't work for you," Kol snapped as he pushed his brother off of him. Klaus went flying backward from a force different from Kol's normal strength.