《Chapter 35》 Group Project

Adam POV*

After lunch, I went back to class. The only one I had where I didn't know anyone. I had tried making friends but in the end, I didn't really talk to anyone. I took my seat at the back of the room, took out my books, and silently waited for the class to start.

A couple of minutes later, the professor walked in and started the lesson. After a bunch of explaining he had a special announcement. We were all doing some work on our own when he started.

"Okay everyone, put your stuff down and listen to me for a second." He said as he put his stuff down. He continued as he opened up a presentation on the screen.

"So as a big part of your grade, you're going to have to do a project, this can be about whatever you like as long as it corresponds with the subject" he explained. He went through the presentation with had a bunch of examples.

"This is a group project-" immediately the room got noisy. "-but before you all get excited, I have the groups already set up." There were some sounds of protest but soon everyone settled down.

"So sit down and listen closely, I'll name the groups and then you can all go over to each other and discuss the subject you want to do." He explained as he got out a list.

He started naming the groups and some people stared quietly moving seats. That's when I realized I didn't know anyone in this room. I started paying a lot more attention.

"Alright, group 5; " he started. "Julie Calamaris, George Gregory, Jean Daerdon" three people in the front already started to move, as they also looked around for their final group member.

"And lastly, Adam Zachery." I looked up when I heard my name and saw the other look around. They noticed my reaction and soon gestured for me to come over.

I grabbed my stuff and headed over, took a seat next to them. We waited for the professor to finish and they all started to talk about what they wanted to do.

I listened for a bit, I didn't know any of them, and felt kind of out of place. I thought about asking for an exception and letting me do it on my own. But they already involved me.

"Adam, what do you think?" one of them asked, I looked over confused. "It's Adam, right?" they made sure. I nodded. "um yeah sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I said back as I sat up to listen to them this time. They explained their idea. "So we were thinking we'd do something with animals," One of them explained.

"It shouldn't be too complicated." another agreed, "And we get an excuse to go to the zoo again." the other said enthusiastically. Something tells me she must really like animals. "So, what do you think?" They asked again. "sure." I agreed.

We talked about it for the rest of the hour. They all introduced themselves and we exchanged numbers. We had also already decided to meet up later to work on it more. The still had other classes to go to, but I was done, So I went back to my room.

I decided to do some homework to pass the time, I haven't been doing much of that lately. I was pretty focused when I heard my phone go off.

--

[YOU HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE GROUP CHAT]

George
Yoyoyooo what's up guys.

Jean
You made a group chat

George
Yeah of course, so we can do our project.

Julie
Yeah that's why we're meeting up tomorrow

George
Yes, I know that. But this is easier than waiting to discuss it when we're in class.

Jean
Ok, fine.
But there's nothing to discuss now, we haven't even started yet.