Chapter 2

The smell of eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and pancakes filled the large and expensive kitchen. Which was filled with the latest appliances, and glistening marble counters. All to show the pack's wealth and power. Luciana whipped sweat from her brow, as she cooked away. Keeping an eye on everything so it wouldn't burn.

She flipped the remaining pancakes before placing them on a large plate. Moving onto the other foods as she finished cooking them. Placing them all on fancy silver serving plates. The she-wolf was already tired, but knew this day was far from over. She bit back her tongue and swallowed the growl of her stomach. Which was demanding food. She pushed away the deep pangs of hunger. It wouldn't matter. She was not to eat until Wednesday. The only day of the week she was allowed a small meal. Today was Sunday. So she would have to wait a while longer.

She carefully and expertly balanced the plates upon her hands and two by two brought them into the dining room. Where she gently set them upon the massive dining table that could fit nearly half the pack members. Another table just as large was set next to it. Several trips later, all the food was laid out. The silverware was already upon the table. Ready for food to be set upon it. She had done it late last night so she would have time to cook this morning.

Finally finished she sighed in relief. Time to wash her hands and take a short ten minute break. Luciana moved over to the sink and turned the water on cold. Unused to warmer temperatures, turning it warmer would hurt. She washed up and dried her hands on her pants. The young women made her way silently to the door of the dining room. Planning to take her break outside. Just as she reached it the door was shoved open harshly. Slamming into her and sending her weak body tumbling back. The back of her head slammed against the floor as new bruises began to form on her forehead as arms where the door hit.  Her head began to thump with the promise of a head ache, and ring with sharp pain.

She heard snickers and laughter. Looking up she saw Damien, Luca, Eliza, and Cleo. Four wolves around her age. All of corse higher ranking. She stilled in fear. They, like others had no qualms against harming her. She had to play her cards right to avoid a beating. Anxiety and nervousness corse through her veins. She hoped she could get out of this. They had clearly slammed the door into her on purpose. Having heard her about to leave. " Watch it mutt. You're so fucking clumsy. " Damien. A taller male with wild brown hair and pale amber eyes spoke aloud. " Of corse its clumsy. What do you expect from an omega? Especially one as badly bred as it. I mean look at that thing. It's so ugly. It's skin is so pale and it has no muscle. It's nothing like us. Shouldn't it be off cleaning the pack house anyway? It's had enough rest time. " Cleo, a hunter female blessed with tan skin, long raven locks, and brilliant green eyes sneered. The women didn't even bother using pronouns with Luciana. Calling her an it as if she were an object.

" Yeah it should be. You heard her omega. Go clean something like a good little bitch." Damian hissed as Cleo, Luca, and Eliza laughed. Luciana didn't react. Used to the comments and insults. She got to her feet. Not looking up and mumbled an apology for waisting their time as she moved towards the door. All four of them backed away, moving aside as if she got to close to them on her terms. They would be infected by her. As she passed the door one gave her a harsh shove. Causing her to nearly fall again. " hurry up and get out of here. You aren't welcome in our presence." voiced the one who has pushed her. Luca. A warrior of blond hair and shimmering blue eyes. Once again she said nothing. She did not react. She had nothing to say. But move on.

She wouldn't be getting a break today. Which fazed her slightly. Once away from the others she sighed heavily. Allowing the darkness to creep in. The despair, the fear, the sadness. The feeling of total hopelessness and loneliness. For when you are surrounded by people, but none of them have ever treated you positively. One begins to be swallowed by the crushing weight. To be hated by all around you. Nothing is more lonely and painful.