Play Date (Little!Fundy and 5up, CG!Eret and Hafu)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
!warning for a little blood!

Setting: IRL Minecraft
Summary: Fundy wanted someone to play with, so Hafu agrees to bring 5up over for a play date.

ndjekslsl i love their friendship sm it's so cute

also i think eret and hafu wouldn't have a great time exchanging tea while the boys play
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Eret shook Fundy gently, and the fox sat up sleepily, rubbing his eyes. The brunet smiled, seeing that soft glaze in his eyes already. Easier now than later, Eret supposed.

"Get up, kit," they murmured softly, "you have a play date with 5up today, remember?"

The moment they said "play date", all sleepiness left Fundy. He practically jumped out of bed, stumbling when he got tangled in his blanket. Eret chuckled and helped him out, pulling out the outfit they'd decided on together the night before - a pair of light blue overalls and an orange sweater, plus some long white socks - and setting it on the bed.

"How old are you today, honey?" Eret wondered aloud. Fundy grinned, eyes sparkling.

"I'm already this many!" He exclaimed, holding up six fingers. "An' imma be seven soon!"

"Aw, such a big boy already!" his caregiver exclaimed, making him giggle and nod quickly. "A big boy like you must not need my help changing then, hm?"

Fundy blushed and looked his feet, toeing the carpet, seemingly shy; "Can you help me with my socks, please?"

"Of course kit," Eret agreed, ruffling Fundy's already messy hair. "So polite, good job honey."

"Thanks Mama!" The fox blushed a bit more, practically glowing in the praise. He got changed quickly - well, as quickly as he could without messing up - and sat on the edge of the bed, trying not to kick his feet in excitement as Eret rolled his socks up and over his knees. "When they gonna be here?"

"Not for another twenty minutes," Eret glanced at the clock, booping Fundy's nose when he frowned. "You need to brush your teeth and eat breakfast anyway, kit."

"But I don't wanna brush my teeth-!" Fundy tried to protest, but was cut off by Eret.

"Ah, ah, ah, Fundy," they tsked, pulling him up from the bed and into the bathroom, ignoring his whining. "Don't argue with me, you need to brush your teeth."

"Yes, Mama," Fundy sighed, although he still scrunched up his nose when the taste of mint invaded his mouth. Eret kissed his forehead in thanks, which did make Fundy pleased, if only a little bit.

It was while the fox was finishing his cereal when the doorbell rang, exciting him enough to leave the milk untouched in the bowl. Fundy pulled the door open, grinning widely.

"Hi, Fivie!" He exclaimed. The much shyer 5up just waved, whispering out a small 'h-hi.' "How old are yous today? 'M six!"

"I-I'm five," Five stuttered, face heating up nervously. Hafu laughed at their interactions, ruffling her own little's hair.

"Hey, Fundip," she greeted the energetic boy, "do you know where Eret is?"

"Mama's in t'kitchen," Fundy told her, running back into the house and calling, "Mama! Miss Hafu and Fivie are here!"

Eret pulled the drain plug and dried their hands, then turned and smiled at their guests; "Hey, H, Five. How are you guys?"

"I'm good, thanks," Hafu responded with a smile, then nudging Five out from behind her gently. "How do you feel, sprout?"

"...'m g-good, t-t'ank y-you," the little whispered, hesitantly reaching out and grasping Fundy's hand. "C-C'mon Funds, 'l-les go p-play."

"Otay Fivie!" The fox gasps happily, pulling Five through the sliding glass door and into the backyard. Hafu and Eret just glanced at each other, then dissolving into laughs.

When they finally calmed themselves, they followed their boys out to the backyard, where Fundy and Five were already chasing each other about in the grass - well, Fundy was running and Five was trying not to get tackled - and the caregivers sat on the patio, just chatting and watching. Suddenly, a cry rang out and both Hafu and Eret's heads shot up at the sound, worried.

"Fundy!" "Five!" They shouted at the same time, rushing to their littles' sides. Fundy sat in the dirt and sobbed softly, blood dripping from a scrape on his knee. Five sat by his side, holding his friend in a side hug and leaning his head of Fundy's shoulder.

"M-M-Mama!" The fox cried and reached out for Eret, who's eyebrows furrowed in concern. Hafu kneeled at Five's side, murmuring soft questions to her boy.

"'M okay mommy," he told her when she asked, sadly looking over at his crying friend. "Bu' Funds' sad."

"Aw, I'm sure he'll be alright sprout," Hafu assured him, glancing over at Eret as she spoke. "Right, Eret?"

"Yep, it's just a scrape," they confirmed, rubbing tears from Fundy's cheeks gently and kissing his forehead. "Let's go clean in and put a bandaid on, okay honey?"

"O-Oki," the fox mewls out, letting Eret lead him back inside to clean him up. Fundy sat on the couch and tried not to cry more as the disinfectant stung his scrape, but Five squeezes his hand in comfort and kicks his feet slightly.

"Is that better, darling?" Eret queries when they finally finish and put a bandage over the boy's injury. Fundy sniffled, but nodded.

"C-C'n we play a board game, please?" The fox asks, getting an agreeing squeeze from Five.

"Of course we can, Fundip," Hafu nods, rubbing Fundy's arm and smiling. "I call dibs on choosing though!"

"Aw, no fair!"
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
play dates are so fun!! i miss having them :[

next chapter is an angst chap with lil tubbo n quackity, so prepare yourselves for that

bye bye til then!! :D

(968 words)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>