2

358 days

Adaliyah Boyd

Adaliyah Boyd

"This is long overdue." My mom sighed as she sat on the edge of my bed.

"I'm gonna let you outside okay?" She said and I lit up.

"You serious?" I smiled.

"Yes but you have to be careful. You bruise and bleed very easily. I don't want you getting hurt." She said and I nodded.

"I'm not."

"Promise?" She asked.

"I promise." I hugged her.

Alright so this really like my first time outside in a while so I don't know what to wear. My closet isn't really filled with a bunch of outside clothes. Mostly night clothes. I looked through everything and all I found was sweatpants and a white shirt.

"That boy are here." She said and I rushed downstairs.

This is the most energy I had.

"Oh shit. I mean my bad. I just ain't think she was really gone let you out." He said.

"Remember what I told you." She pointed at him and he nodded.

"I ain't think she was gonna let you out so I don't got shit planned but whatever you wanna do we can." He said.

"I would like to know your name first." I smiled.

"Amare." He said.

"Adaliyah." I said and we shook hands.

"Can we go to the park?" I asked.

I really wanted to go to the beach but I felt like that would be too much to ask.

"Whatever you want." He said.

We walked to the park since it wasn't that far.

"Why you don't come outside? I always seen you walk into the house and never come out." He asked.

"I never really feel like it." I lied.

He looked at me like he knew I was lying but decided to leave it alone.

"You want some fast food?" He asked.