...two...

"i'm so done with this goddamn university-" kenma huffed as he came back to the dorm, slamming the door shut.  he grumbled to himself as he grabbed his switch and plopped on the couch, throwing his bag and school work elsewhere.

keiji looked over at him and shook his head "what happened this time?" he asked, turning away from his work to focus on kenma. he watched as the pudding-haired boy slammed his switch down on the couch and plop down on the chair in front of him "my damn professor got on every last nerve i have. you know how i was working on my essay all night last night?" the ravenette nodded, leaning his chin on his palm as he listened to kenma "well, it was ten fucking minutes late and my stupid professor didn't take it!  i worked my ass off for that essay and the least she could do is READ it. but nooo, she had to be stubborn." by the end of his rant, kenma was taking deep breaths, trying to calm himself down but failing. akaashi noticed this and walked over to the couch, grabbing kenma's switch and handing it to him. akaashi knew that the only things that could calm kenma down were his switch and kuroo. but given the circumstances, it was only his switch that brought him comfort.

kenma sighed, taking the switch and starting up his game again "thanks.." he mumbled as he started to calm down. akaashi nodded and went back to doing his work until kenma spoke up again "have you heard from bokuto or kuroo today?" akaashi looked at him with his head tilted "no.. why? have you?" kenma shrugged and glanced up at him "just wondering.. they haven't spoken to either us in over a week and we're their supposed best friends.." he mumbled, bouncing his leg and looking back at the switch. akaashi nodded slowly.

"well.. yeah but, do you really expect them to talk to us when they're together?" kenma hummed and looked up from his switch "well, yeah.. i've been kuroos best friend for years and suddenly i'm just not in the picture anymore? it doesn't make sense to me.." akaashi sighed and shook his head "i know, kenma. it hurts me too but, as long as the two of them are happy.. i don't care what happens."

kenma rolled his eyes as he looked back down at his switch "yeah.. you're right. as long as they're happy.." he sighed. keiji nodded slowly as he started on his work again, sending kenma worried glances from time to time. kenma sighed as he looked at the other male "dude, why do you keep staring at me?" akaashi shook his head

"i'm worried about you kenma.. you never show this much emotion unless you're really upset. have you let their relationship get to you this much?" kenma froze up for a second, staring at akaashi like he had seven heads before shaking his head "i'm fine, akaashi. just fine.." he forced a small smile as he played his game. akaashi looked at him unsure before shrugging "okay, whatever you say kenma.." he said before going back to his work and sighing for what felt like the hundredth time that day.